Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Living Proof vs. Macadamia Hair

I'm looking to receive some kind of feedback on Living Proof versus Macadamia Hair products...any thoughts?

Re: Living Proof vs. Macadamia Hair

hello,

I've never tried macadamia, But I totally use everything from the living proof line now... except for shampoo and conditioner ....I have long brown, fine, but tons of it, hair! I started with the primer , and I loved it it really does make a difference bc even after you have you hair up it doesn't leave a kink in your hair for example, then i went to the satin serum, at first i thought it was oily, but then I learned how to use it properly and it;s done miracles for my hair int= terms of shine and conditioning. Then I tried the amp2 ....that is an amazing product! Im on my 2nd's of all these btw, the amp2 really gives you the best texturizing w/o being greasy and i mix it up with the serum right before i finsh blow drying...my hair feels and looks amazing, volume, shine, and healthy. During the summertime and winter the results are the same!.... After that I went on to the hairspray....that's prob my favorite product from them, There is no hairspray like that... it holds but it leaves no trace..... its crazy it literally disappears but the hold is still there...no matter how much you spray it doesn't look greasy ever... i can just keep spraying over and over .... Their technology is amazing! I did try the shampoo and conditioner but I didn't see the difference between when i used the styling products with them or my other shampoo and conditioners. But I did notice a difference when I used the styling products with other serums vs all them together. And then last but not least I recently purchased the 5 in 1. Basically it's supposed to contain and acts like all the products I just mentioned except for the hairspray so it takes times out by cutting out some products....It just really enhances my hair altogether and I use it on wet and dry hair in between shampoos. I'm a big fan of dry shampoo..... haha ... Hope this helps 🙂

wow definitely!  I have long, curly, but poofy and frizzy at the same time hair.  I love the macadamia shampoo and conditioner but I'm really thankful you mentioned the LP styling products  because I can't tell you how much product I use in my hair to keep it "down" and not look crazy!! Maybe I'll stick with the macadamia shampoo and conditioner and use LP styling product! Hmmm... 

Thank you!! 🙂

I've only tried one product from Living Proof and that was the Anti-Frizz Straight Styling Cream. It was alright. Nothing mind blowing. I don't think I would purchase it, I received a deluxe size sample of it.

I've tried the Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Masque and found it very underwhelming. I have long, highlighted hair. I have lots of hair but it's very fine. It weighed down my hair and it looked very flat after every use. I would recommend you get a sample of it (I think Ulta sells tiny sizes of it too) before investing in a tub of it.

aw, thanks for that feedback!  I've  tried the macadamia masque and i love it!  I have the small bottles of shampoo and conditioner as well and iI love how it makes my hair feel. I've always used store bought products,and switching to the macadamia products has made a world of a difference. 

I think if I switch to LP, I definitely need to  get a sample first!! Thank you! 🙂

I seriously LOVE the Macadamia Hair masque also...I've tried that, the Shampoo, conditioner, and the repair oil...

I went into Sephora one day and i was given a sample of LP shampoo and conditioner but I don't think it was enough for me to even see/feel a difference..I have pretty long hair. But I'm really curious to see if it's really that good. I just don't want to buy it without really knowing it's great because it really is expensive. 🙂

Thank you for the feedback!

Isn't it great? Definitely a HG 🙂 Maybe when I go there next, I'll get a sample (it'll be easier since my hair is considerably shorter), I'll try it out, I've heard great reviews from it, but was always wary because of the price!

Hey sounds good! Haha let me know if and when you do try it out! 🙂

I haven't tried Living Proof, so I'm a little biased, but I LOVE Macadamia's Deep Repair Masque. I can't say enough good things about it, so you should try it, and get a sample or something. You'll probably love it like I do 🙂

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing