cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Living Proof Real Results Challenge

Sephora_LivingProof_Hair_Challenge.jpg

Hi Beauty Insiders! Welcome to the Living Proof Hair Challenge! Our approach to beautiful, healthy looking hair? No silicones! No silicones = no frizz.

To start the challenge, use our Perfect hair DayTM Triple Detox Shampoo. This will remove any build up from your hair, whether it’s from products, pollution, or hard water (yes, all three of those cause a lot of build up on your hair!). Most importantly, it will give you a jump start on removing silicone residue which weighs hair down, making it feel greasy and be less manageable.

Once those silicones are gone, it’s time to start fighting frizz. With your first wash, you don’t need to use No Frizz Shampoo, since you’ll have already shampooed with Triple Detox, but use No Frizz Shampoo on all future rinse and repeats. Always condition your hair with No Frizz Conditioner. To style, use No Frizz Nourishing Styling Cream. No Frizz is powered by our patented technology that weightlessly blocks humidity (unlike heavy silicones) so you can use plenty of product, without worry of weighing down your hair. Generously coat your hair and then style as usual.

The results? Your hair will be transformed after one use and will continue to improve with each following use. We can’t wait to hear about your experience! Questions or comments? Our team will be here to talk all things hair!

Re: Living Proof Real Results Challenge

I used a sample of the spray and the styling cream.  Unfortunately, the product did not work as I had hoped.  Actually, I couldn’t tell that I’d used any product at all.  My hair looked exactly the same as normal.  My hair felt a little softer, but still frizzed.

Hello! I'd love to try to help. Can you tell me a little bit about your hair (length, fine, thick, etc) and also how you used the product? The technology in our No Frizz products is weightless, so we do recommend using a lot more than you may think to see best results!

I just tried using a bit more of the spray as instructed by the Living Proof rep.  It’s not a good product for me.  The spray looks to me, like a spray oil.  My fine hair is oily and limp after using the no-frizz spray.

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing oiliness and limp hair. Is it the No Frizz Instant De-Frizzer you are using? Like you said, that product does act and feel a bit more like a spray oil than our other products - it's like a dry conditioner. For your fine hair, I'd recommend using the No Frizz Weightless Styling Spray on damp hair. 

Thank you!

My hair fine.  I have a good amount of hair, but it is fine.  I still have some of the product, I’ll try using more as I was not aware that I needed to do that.  Knowing that now, I’m not sure if I’d purchase the product even if it does work.  Living Proof puts out good products, but they are not inexpensive!!

Thank you for sharing this feedback. Our products are priced at a premium as we feel it's reflective of the research and development that goes into our formulations. We are working to discover new molecules and technologies to use in our products that can truly make a difference in hair health (short and long term), rather than relying on off-the-shelf ingredients that are used across many hair products. 

Please let us know how the second try goes!

Thank you!

Sadly I too had same experience using these products. I also had my man use it for his curly slightly frizzy hair at scalp and both of us liked the smells of products but still have same hair problems. Note: We live in California not on beach. 

Hello! I'd love to help. Which products were you using and would you mind sharing how you used them? Thank you!

Hello. I've got a few questions about your no frizz line. I've got 2 main concerns. 1. I'm gluten sensitivity and would like to know if the product is gluten/wheat free. 2. I've got 2c/3a curly hair. I've used your line and currently use the curl conditioning wash. Would you recommend this for curly hair?

Hi there!

We do not knowingly formulate with gluten, however our products are not designed to be gluten free. With any allergies, we recommend you review the full list of ingredients (available on the Sephora.com product pages, or you can also find them here: https://www.livingproof.com/product-ingredients.html) and if necessary consult your healthcare professional. 

Regarding your curls, yes, No Frizz would be a wonderful solution for frizz on your curly hair! The No Frizz Nourishing Styling Cream is a styling product you can use on damp hair (use a lot - make sure you saturate your hair) and then either air dry or use a diffuser. It can be used roots to ends without weighing your hair down so it should block the frizz but leave your curls bouncy and soft. 

Let us know how it goes!

RE: Living Proof Real Results Challenge

Hello there! I’m interested in your Restore hair system and I’ve had the chance to try some of your products through Sephora’s Favourites Kits. I’m currently thinking about buying the Restore Jumbo Set, but I’ve read some reviews from customers who have said that the products worked well for them initially and then made their hair greasy/dry/sticky in the long term. Is there a reason that this happens? How can we prevent this from occurring? Thank you!

Re: RE: Living Proof Real Results Challenge

Hello! I'm so glad you're interested in the Restore set! Do you happen to know if the reviews you saw were in regards to the Shampoo and Conditioner or the Dry Scalp Treatment? 

Our Shampoos and Conditioners are formulated with proprietary technology that actually repels dirt and oil, so you shouldn't experience greasiness (hopefully you see the opposite!). Because they are formulated with our technology though, and not silicones (found in a lot of other care products), you may not feel that "silicone slip," at first, which could take some getting used to. But our products work to make your hair healthier over time, so you should stick with it 🙂

With the Dry Scalp Treatment, that is to be used 3x a week for 4 weeks and is applied in multiple sections across your scalp, so you may have to play with the amount to find the right dose for you. 

Thank you!

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
  • Sephora_LivingProof_Hair_Challenge.jpg
testing