Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Is there a spray-on product to neutralize the fragrance of other hair products?

So, recently my nose has become sensitive to the smell of hair oils.  I started using IGK Crybaby Anti-Frizz Smoothing Serum and I like how supple it makes my hair look.  However, I really don't care for the scent - and it lingers!  Since I keep running into this problem, I was wondering if there was something I could spray onto my hair afterward to decrease the smell.

Re: Is there a spray-on product to neutralize the fragrance of other hair products?

@greeneyedgirl107 

I wonder if this might help? I've got it, and really like it for taking the musty scent out of day 3 or 4 hair. I am, however, unsure how it would fare against a heavily scented product, but it might be worth investigating!

Screenshot_20210123-234047.png

Screenshot_20210123-234119.png

Screenshot_20210123-234132.png

Re: Is there a spray-on product to neutralize the fragrance of other hair products?

@RGbrown Thanks for the suggestions!  Can you smell the mint and lemon in it?  Those are two scents that I unfortunately don't care for.

@greeneyedgirl107 

I don't smell any lemon at all, but it definitely has a mint scent. It dissipates quickly though, and I don't find it leaves my hair smelling like mint, just much fresher than it was.

@RGbrown That's good to know!  Thanks for the input!

Hey @greeneyedgirl107 

IGK is pretty heavy on the fragrance. I don’t actually know of anything on the market that would do this, but let me ask some friends if they know of anything and get back to you. 

@GG84 Awww - thanks so much!  Good to see you on the boards 🙂  I hope you're doing well ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

@greeneyedgirl107 

❤️❤️ I’ve been ok, thank you for asking. I’ve asked everyone and the only solution given was to spray your hair with an unscented dry shampoo or if your blow dryer has an ionic charge, the ions naturally deodorize the hair. So blasting your hair with the cold shot button could work also. 

@GG84 Glad you hear that you're hanging in there!!!  We're all available if you ever need to chat 🙂

Thank you so much for following up with me. I will try the cold shot button on my hair dryer, and keep the unscented dry shampoo in mind as well.  I really appreciate your help!

Or, do you know of a product that is similar to the IGK Crybaby Anti-Frizz Smoothing Serum but less scented?  I haven't had much time to look into other smoothing serums.  I always assumed they'd be too heavy.

@greeneyedgirl107 

Actually I’m surprised you don’t find Crybaby too heavy, I can only use it very sparingly. Are you primarily using Crybaby as a last step to smooth your strands or are you applying wet? 

@GG84 I've been using it as a last step after styling my hair.  My hair is very thick, though.

I thought it would overpower my hair, but I was really surprised when it didn't.

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos3
  • Screenshot_20210123-234047.png
  • Screenshot_20210123-234119.png
  • Screenshot_20210123-234132.png
testing