Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Is the Dyson air wrap worth the money?

Anyone who has an air wrap, can you tell me the pro’s and con’s of owning one?

I’ve been going back and forth for awhile now on whether or not I should invest in one. 
How would you compare your hair quality now to before when using a normal curling iron?

Also, they never go on sale hey? I’m a rouge member and it always seems to be excluded from any sales events.

Anyways any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Thx 

Re: Is the Dyson air wrap worth the money?

I received my Dyson as a Christmas present. I absolutely love my Dyson, but I could be partial because I didn't actually pay for it. I was saving up my Ulta points to eventually buy one discounted. I think it depends on the length and type of your hair. I have shoulder length, medium thick hair that has a very subtle wave to it. Even 6 months ago I had waist length hair, and I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much. My hair definitely feels softer after using and I do use it almost every time I shower. I will 100% continue to use mine for the duration of this year.

I purchased one recently as a treat to myself for Christmas, so I actually have the latest one. While my hair does look great and I can achieve the beach waves that I’ve always wanted, I can say sincerely that it is not worth the price tag. It took me 3 and a half hours to curl my hair. That’s a huge learning curve. Eventually I got it down to an hour and a half. I don’t have time to do this everyday. Also, the curls don’t hold!!! I’ve bought a bunch of different products and the longest it holds is 12 hrs. With a curling iron, I’ve had curls that last for a week if I don’t shower or brush. Tmi, but it’s the honest truth. Save your money and disappointment. I only regularly use the brush attachment because it saves me time and I get nice volume in a short amount of time. 

@gwagongirl I got my Dyson Airwrap back when they first came out a few years back. I can honestly say that it was not worth the money for me for what I actually use it for. I tried using it consistently to curl and straighten my hair with all the attachments I got but always found that my hair fell flat relatively quickly in comparison to when I used curling wands or tools. For the past 2 years or so, I only use it to blow dry my hair like a normal blow dryer which sucks when you think about how expensive it was. The only perk when I used the attachments was that my hair did seem healthier and shinier and not as damaged. If you are willing to bite the bullet and use the attachments religiously, you might see less damaged hair. I was not very patient so I can't say I stuck it out for too long before I went back to my curling wands.

If you want to catch it on sale, I know I have seen it on sale at Ulta during certain hair discount days. Just be on the lookout for the email when the sale happens. As for Sephora, I don't think I have ever seen it on sale at Sephora either except during Rouge discount seasons (spring and fall) when you can take 20% off of everything.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing