Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

In the military and need an alternative product to slick my hair back

Hi! I'm in the military and have to put my hair back in a bun every work day. I usually use gel and hairspray because it's the only thing I know with enough hold to get my stubborn flyaways down. Does anyone know of a healthier alternative I can use on the regular that won't dry out and damage my hair as much?  

RE: In the military and need an alternative product to slick my hair back

You might like the taming products from Living proof. They tame the flyaways quite well and are very healthy for the hair. It all depends on your hair type of course but the TBD from living proof is awesome. The Hairdresser Oil lune from Bumble and Bumble is also great for that too.

Re: In the military and need an alternative product to slick my hair back

@Cynderr

Anything with a pliable hold like a pomade or a paste won't have enough strength to tackle your bun. My best suggestion (if possible of course) is to replace your conditioner with a mask that way your replacing the moisture and proteins the alchohol in the gel/spray are depleting. 

Thank you so much for the suggestion! Do you have a mask youโ€™d recommend?

@Cynderr

I really like Joico K-pak Lustre Lock. Brands purposefully don't combine protein and moisture because...dun dun dunnn....then you are forced to buy two products. However K-Pak Lustre Lock combines them so you get the best of bost worlds. Screenshot_20181002-203124_Chrome.jpg

I second this @GG84 @Cynderr. I absolutely LOVE it! My sister in law introduced me to it and Iโ€™ve since purchased both the shampoo and conditioner. 

Oh wow thank you so much! I really appreciate the help ๐Ÿ™‚

No problem! Hope it helps ๐Ÿ˜Š

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • Screenshot_20181002-203124_Chrome.jpg
testing