Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

IGK Mixed Feeling Drops Purple Blotchiness

Y'all! I want so badly to love these IGK Mixed Feelings drops but I cannot for the life of me get them to work. Even when I mix them with leave-in conditioner, I end up with purple blotchiness throughout my hair. The recommended drops never seem to be enough, either. Any tips or tricks with this for optimum results? 

Re: IGK Mixed Feeling Drops Purple Blotchiness

I use it too! I usually mix it with a pretty heavy conditioner, I currently use it with the Kiehl's Since 1851Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak.

https://www.sephora.com/product/olive-fruit-oil-deeply-repairative-hair-pak-P422505?icid2=products%2...

❤️ Melissa

Hi! I personally use the shade variation mask (baby blonde) for my hair and it works perfectly to remove yellowing and just revive my blonde from time to time because it gets a bit dull if not. Hope this helps! (+ it really hydrates the hair, mine gets so dry from the process of highlighting it every 2-3 months).

RE: IGK Mixed Feeling Drops Purple Blotchiness

That’s strange because i’m having the opposite problem. I really like these drops but they aren’t very potent on my hair. I use them in most of my hair products and the toning effect isn’t very strong compared to a purple shampoo/ toning mask.

@tabbymac I haven't had any issues with purple blotches but it might be because my hair is balayaged/not solid bright blonde so maybe I don't notice? For me, the trick is using a large enough volume of leave-in product and really mixing it together with the drops before rubbing it all together between my palms, THEN raking it through my hair. I use a minimum of 5 - 6 drops, sometimes more. My palms look insanely purple for a minute but after really rubbing all the product through my hair, the color seems to absorb in. I always start underneath my hair too, in case there was a blotch, it wouldn't be as noticeable.

I find it does really reduce the brassiness, but it leaves my hair feeling really dry and stiff. Works better with creamy products than with hair oils (THAT was a mess).

I had the same issue you did and ended up returning it, but id be curious to see if anyone has a suggestion.  It definitely helped with brassiness, but I couldn't stand how uneven the result was.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing