Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

IGK Low Key Cleansing Walnut Scalp Scrub

I didn't know what category to put this under. 

This is one of the products I received from Sephora (Thank you once again). I have been trying this since I received it. It has a soft coconuty scent to it, it's not overpowering so that's nice. It does what it claims, it purifies your scalp. If you have itching/dandruff/psoriasis - it helps calm the scalp down. I'm not one that actually buys that many hair products, at least not from Sephora. When you apply this, you instantly feel the peppermint working on the scalp, it's not harsh, but you can tell where you apply it. My scalp feels calm for two days tops, the need to itch it all the time is minimal. I use it twice a week. So that makes it around 4 times that I've used it, probably will use it tonight as well. My hair is naturally wavy so I don't know if it does anything to add texture to your hair. I dont think this is a permanent cure for scalp problems,  but it definitely helps, maybe if I keep using it I'll see even more improvement, but for now, I am happy with the results, which are almost instant (especially when it comes to itching and flaking). 

Re: IGK Low Key Cleansing Walnut Scalp Scrub

Aw thanks so much for your help @jemly. I will definitely do that and report back! (Sorry @Blackwhiskey, didn't mean to derail your thread!)

@blueviolet21 you're very welcome !!! (to be clear, the 'wave maker' product i recommended is by devacurl, not igk. xo)

lol no problem, we're all here to help! 

OK @jemly can you tell me more about this correlation between facial skin type and scalp skin type? I have really dry skin (face and body) but then really fine, wavy hair that gets weighed down easily and seems to get buildup from heavy hair products. So you're saying the answer is to actually to not use stripping shampoos on it then? Like it's making my hair worse?

(I am clueless with hair so sorry if I am not getting that!)

@blueviolet21 hi ! what sort of products do you use ? what are your hair 'goals' you try to achieve with the products ?

@blueviolet21 no need to apologize ! giving up silicones made such a difference in my hair (fine and curly, so not too different from yours !). i highly recommend you check out devacurl. you don't have to go no-poo. they have a 'low-poo' option too (the normal one, or even the 'low-poo delight' which is formulated for wavy hair). get their one condition too (i advise you get the regular one, rather than the delight one. so much moisture and no weighing down--i use it both as a regular conditioner and as a leave-in). if you need more 'shampooing' then you can get something like the IGK scrub to use every now and then, too. you may like their 'wave maker' styling product as well, so check it out !

if and when you try these things out, keep in mind that i found the performance of my hair just getting better with every use. kind of like a new skincare routine. 

if you try these things out, let me know how it goes ! (good place to talk about all this is in the hair thread 🙂 )

Well basically my hair is thick, fine, and wavy, and I would like to air dry it but it never looks good that way. I feel like I have to force it to go curly or straight, and I am not as good with curls so I usually wash it, condition it, throw in some heat protectant, rough dry it, and smooth it out with a flat iron. I try not to damage it with heat styling but I worry that it is anyway, and I have trouble with products. I've been using some Bumble and Bumble shampoos and a Kerastase conditioner but I don't seem to get along terribly well with anything? I have this idea that silicones are the problem because they seem to stick to my hair and not wash out well. So I've been toying with this no poo thing but Idk if it's right for me at all. Sorry for the long answer and thanks for taking the time to reply @jemly

I am super happy to read this review @Blackwhiskey and @jemly! I have been looking at the Christophe Robin scrub but just wasn't sure it was something I couldn't achieve at home. I did my own version and it was just alright, but I am really interested in the IGK now! My scalp needs some attention and I've always been partial to peppermint hair products.

RE: Re: IGK Low Key Cleansing Walnut Scalp Scrub

The Christophe Robin scrub is great as well. You can use it on your scalp to deep cleanse and help calm irritation as well as a shine treatment on your ends. It actually matters up very well and I enjoy the feeling of the thick sea salt on my scalp until it dissolves. You only need a tiny amount so the steep price tag kinda evens out once you realize that big tub will last forever. I hope this helps at least somewhat. Have a good day !!!

@Blackwhiskey this is mayyyyy be my favorite thing from the gratis. i've been waiting to write a review as i want to use it a couple more times. but my thoughts are:

• using this when your scalp feels a bit sore after a day of having your hair up is PURE BLISS. 
  • i love that it is sulfate free. it's a great supplement if you are pretty much no-poo like i am. (i said no-poo to make you smile blackwhiskey 😉 )
  • it is a *little* drying still, but just use with an awesome conditioner and you should be fine. i do my hair mask the same days i use this.

You know me too well, i snort giggled at no poo. Do you think that the type of skin you have  includes your scalp? To explain myself better, my face is a combo normal with oily t zone although the oily has been toned down with the products ive been using these several months. My body though is kinda dry, i want to invest in a body scrub. Anyway, my scalp doesnt feel dried out with this product, just clean but not really stripped. Maybe cause insweat too much in the south border? Weather conditions? Indont know, just a thought that crossed my mind.

@Blackwhiskey there is a correlation between scalp and facial skin type. but because we use different products on each, they can see / feel different. for example, regular shampoos are a lot more stripping than even foaming face washes, and can knock one's scalp's pH balance to the other side of the spectrum--particularly if it's oily. which is why *some* people with oily hair find that over time, if they cut back on their shampooing, will find their scalp balances out. same goes for dry scalp--it can be a pH imbalance from the sulfates, rather than a dry scalp skin type, if that makes sense.

Thanks for this! I'm interested in trying this scrub, just waiting for a few reviews. I have it in my cart, I may just get it before the $20 off expires. 

Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing