Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

I just had balayage (bleached) done for the first time

Hello! I just had my hair bleached for the first time. My hair is fine and oily. I wanted to know products for maintaining the color and adding volume. 

RE: I just had balayage (bleached) done for the first time

Joico Color Endure Violet Shampoo (in the red bottle) is great for toning! I am in the process of going blonde and I have a beige/neutral color that is beautiful, but difficult to maintain without it 'brassing up' too much. My stylist recommended this and I love it! There's a smaller size for $15.99 to try at Ulta! However, if you use a lot of purple shampoos, be sure to really hydrate your hair to replenish lost moisture because those shampoos can dry out/strip your hair a little in the process of toning the color.

Anonymous Insider

Re: I just had balayage (bleached) done for the first time

In addition to the other commenter, I recommend a purple shampoo to help keep those highlights looking bright.  You only need to use it once a week, and try to keep it on for about 5 mins before rinsing.  Also don't need purple conditioner, any normal conditioner will work.

Re: I just had balayage (bleached) done for the first time

It's not exactly the same but my hair is currently pink and purple ombre. Don't wash your hair every day. What you just had done will have caused damage. Bleach is really harsh on hair. I'd suggest not washing it more than twice a week. You will need dry shampoo for the days in between. Sephora makes some, as does Klorane and others. Those two brands have excellent reviews, though I prefer Klorane since I like the smell better. The dry shampoo will also help with volume. Follow the instructions on the bottle, and then give it a couple minutes and brush it through. It's easy to use too much though so be careful with that or it will weigh the hair down. Have fun. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
testing