Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Best Hair Ever

I have two problems, - Puffy hair and - Acne , being a teenager is so hard, help? .~.

I'm 13 years old with brown hair past my shoulders, very puffy. I feel very awkward in the morning when I walk in the classroom, my mess a hair, and self-counsious about my face. I have bangs that cover the top half of my left eye, and the only wait it looks good is when I straighten my hair. But that takes a long time and I only have a reduced amount of time in the morning considering I Must leave my house at 7:45 or sooner. I wake up at 6:30 so my time to do something to my I hair is awfully short. So.. Any ideas on how to style it? Or. Any other advice? 

Thank you c:image.jpg

Re: I have two problems, - Puffy hair and - Acne , being a teenager is so hard, help? .~.

Well, im almost 30 and I'm still dealing with acne every once and awhile. I also have really puffy hair- it's long, probably hshoulder down my back. My husband says I look like a lion when it air dries Smiley Happy

This is what I do with my hair- maybe it will help for you or give you some ideas. I take a shower at night- as early as I can- usually around 7pm, spray some heat protectant, let it air dry, then before bed I straighten it. I don't usually straighten it super straight, because after that I braid it very loosely. Then in the morning I take the braid out and I have a soft wave through my hair and its not at all frizzy! l don't like to put products in my hair because I'm afraid it will mess with my skin.

I only shower every other day so I don't have to do this every day! Some people might think this is gross- but it works for me. If for some reason I take a shower the next day, I put my hair in a towl before getting in the shower. 

I have also perfected the art of the messy bun just in case I didn't straighten my hair the night before. 

Btw- I wake up at 7:00 and get myself and 8 & 3 year old out the door by 7:45! 

Re: I have two problems, - Puffy hair and - Acne , being a teenager is so hard, help? .~.

Thanks for this hair tip! I have curly hair and I hate having to style it every morning so I'm going to give this a try. Kudos on getting yourself and your kids ready so quickly - I'm lucky if I can get myself ready in 45 mins!

Do you use any type of leave in conditioner? Also if you shower in the morning you could blow dry your hair using a round brush as an alternative to straightening it. 

Also - for haircuts: I don't let my stylist add too many layers. I always tell her layers in the last 6" only. Because the higher the layers- the more puffy if you don't style right- IMO. 

@Winter , wow I have pretty short hair compared to you xD , for your method , I thought straightening it (sorry if that's not spelled right) every day was damaging? Oh and for the haircut thing, I do have some layers. Because I straighten my hair maybe twice a week, if not i just add some mousee (spell check again) in the morning and leave. Im trying to grow my hair out too, but it will probably take sometime.

@Cheskaxxo, I don't use any kind of special conditioner, I just put it on, and get it out. I heard that people wait for like 2 minutes? Yeah.. I don't.  I usually take too long in shower, < cuz I'm a frozen fish stick in the morning> and my stepfather gets home at 3 am and does not need to be woken up by the loud noises I make trying to do my hair /.\ 

I also think straightening everyday is bad. That's why I only do it 2x a week at the max! And I always use a heat protectant! Thats why I only wash my hair every other day so I don't have to heat style it daily. My hair stylist says I have the healthiest hair she's seen. Smiley Happy 

instead of mouse- which might give you too much poof, you might want to try a silicone type serum or another type of styling product that creates sleek or smooth locks!

my sister does the same braid technique as me and her hair is about your length. But she does two braids on each side instead off one. 

GIRL! PLEASE. For the love of God, embrace your curly hair. I had "puffy" hair too in middle school. That was until I learned to style it! Get some cheap Tresseme curl mousse (it works wonders) toss out your shampoo and condition heavily and then come back in a week and you'll have a head full of glorious, gorgeous curls. Don't straighten! You'll ruin your hair. Learn how to care for your curls and you'll be so much happier int he long run. 

I think I'll try that, what do you mean by toss out your shampoo and conditioner?    I'm pretty pumped about this because I believe I've seen the tresseme curl mousse while I was buying my hair products. 

I really love the curl mousse by herbal essences (totally twisted curl boosting mousse hold #3). Some people with curly hair elect not to shampoo their hair (she only meant shampoo) and use a "cleansing conditioner" like Wen or Devacurl (you can research these if you want but I think a regular shampoo - I use a creamy one - is fine). A nice pomade can help smooth down hair and tame puffiness... Or a wax (just know a little goes a long way and to warm it up and melt it between your fingers). It can make your bangs piece-y and tame your ends in general, or smooth down flyaways/baby hairs.

By the way, saw your other question about make up - doesn't look like you need it!

I'll look up those products c: !   I do have some long baby hairs on the start of my forehead, not really the back of my along with the ones between my temples and ears but they're covered by my bangs.   Aw, thanks!! 

Hey @GothGirl100 - the site won't let me reply directly to you, b/c I'm not in a Chrome browser. But what I mean by tossing your shampoo is this - look up the "No Poo" method. You'll be surprised to learn that you're probably accidentally stripping your hair by shampooing it. Curly hair is NOT the same as straight hair and requires totally different care. A nice creamy conditioner is all you need. Don't blow dry - always air dry. Smiley Happy

Yeah I started air drying my hair a while ago even when my mom said to blow dry it because it was cold at night. I looked up the No Poo ( silly name xD ) method and I guess I'll give it a try. I don't have curly hair, more like.. A mixture between straight and wavy xD 

your look so nice here in this picture. when i was 13 my hair has a hot mess lol i had it up to my chin and it was so puffy i hated it. so at 14 i started straightening my hair and it looked much better. i think the best thing for u to do is straighten it at night before u go to sleep and just touch it up in the morning before school or u can always wake up earlier then 6:30. i use to wake up at 5:45 so shower get ready and do my hair. it was early but that did help me a lot with time.

Thank you c: , i do like how my hair looks straight, but can't you feel the damage ?   Wow yeah! I wake up around 4 am anyway, I GET UP at 6:30, but I wake up really early because of my insomnia . Thanks for the advice! ^~^

I agree you should embrace your hair's natural texture and stop straightening it. My sister uses a flat iron every day and her hair is like straw.

One of the easiest remedies for huge hair is serum or oil. Just rub a few drops between the palmst of your hands, then smooth them over the length of your hair, especially at the ends. You can use a spray detangler for extra manageability too. Not sure what your budget is but you can find these products in any price range. Olive oil is especially easy to come by, but use it sparingly and keep it away from your skin.

As for the acne, hey...I've had disfiguring cystic acne my entire life - yours is nothing! If you're worried about it, you can try an over-the-counter product that contains either salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. You can also find these products everywhere from drugstores to high end chains (like Sephora).

If your acne is hormonal, the pill can help immensely. But you will have to see a physician or dermatologist for a prescription and remember to get regular checkups.

If your acne is genetic, see a dermatologist.

I'm guessing my acne is hormonal because I get either those little packs of hundreds zits, or one or two of the volcano ones, my mom did have acne but not as bad as mine, she says. 

Eh, I thought I olive oil was good for your skin xD fail. I don't like how it feels, so damaged even if I do use some treatments. ( hair )

What about straitening your hair only a couple days per week and the other days wearing a braid or ponytail? Can you skip a day or two between washing your hair so that the style lasts longer/

I have no idea what is acceptable in middle school these days, so I might be totally off on these suggestions. You can spend a lifetime fighting your hair's natural texture - much easier and less stressful to find ways to work w/ it. 

As for awkward - you look great. I should dig up one of *my* 13 year old photos so you can really see awkward. Braces and it was the 80's so there was some huge hair and blue eye shadow involved and tragically unskilled use of a curling iron. 

I'm currently doing that but it's still a little hard not to wash my hair everyday xD about the hair do's yeah I use my ponytail with my bangs down, a braid, that, I NEED to learn, I swear I've tried but it comes out so sucky :c plus I have layered hair soo it's a little complicated. Maybe I'll use braces, not sure though ( I wouldn't say my teeth are that bad) already used glasses, nodding enjo being called alien, 4 eyes, etc. so immature >.> 

Oil from the hair and hair products can contribute to acne. Try to keep hair off your face, especially if acne is on your forehead from bangs. Also have heard panthenol (Vitamin B5), Pantene gets it's name from this, and/or variations are loaded in hair products, shampoo/conditioner, etc. that can cause acne*.

*Acne meaning on face, back of neck in hairline, shoulders, back, chest Smiley Happy

Bumble & Bumble hairdresser's invisible oil is a lightweight oil that will smooth and shine the hair without sitting on top, like some hair oil's do. I have very thick natural curly hair and this absorbs quickly, can be used on wet or dry hair. Also use a product inbetween heat styling, otherwise you will damage your hair from the heat..with a product inbetween it may look like there's 'smoke' (during flat ironing) but it's just the product and is NOT damaging your hair.

Your picture is beautiful, but if you would like hair with less body and less acne try the following:

Hair:  wash your hair at night and let it air dry until it is damp then add a small amount(quarter sized amount) of conditioner and work it through your hair, then twist your hair in a low bun.  In the morning it should be wavy, but not puffy when you release it from the bun.

Skin:acne maybe the result of hormones, sensitivity or inadequate cleasing

Consult a dermatologist if possible, be mindful of soaps, or anything that you put on your face to determine if your skin is sensitive to those items.  Minimize touching your face and make sure that anything that touches your face is clean(including your pillow)  

Hope this helps! Let me know.

31 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • image.jpg