Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

I have damaged thick, dry wavy coarse and frizzy waist-length hair, need help with routine

I used to leave my hair wrapped in a towel to dry for hours and straighten my hair a lot and have only gotten my hair colored twice. My hygiene regiment includes of me shampooing and conditioning everyday but I want a new routine that would make my hair healthier and look silkier and smoother. Currently the only products I’ve been using on my hair is head and shoulders shampoo and conditioner, I also always use hot water to shower with.

I’m planning on changing my shampoo and conditioner from head and shoulders to Maui Moisture - Heal and Hydrate + Shea butter shampoo and Conditioner.

I’m also planning on using Kreyol Essence’s Haitian Black Castor oil - Lavender Oil to hydrate and massage my scalp (and hopefully prevent any dandruff), and Eva Nyc’s therapy session hair mask and mane magic 10-in-1 split mender to fix and moisturize any damage done to my hair.

Would this be a good routine for obtaining a healthier, smoother/silkier-looking hair and combination of productions? If not please help me come up with a good routine and products that will help me with obtaining my goal.

Re: I have damaged thick, dry wavy coarse and frizzy waist-length hair, need help with routine

@leonaarmine , sounds like you are definitely trying to improve your hair health. If you have dry hair as you described you definitely need moisture!! A once a week mask is a great thing to add. For deep moisture try Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 32 oz/ 946 mL Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair!™ Super Moisture Shampoo for Damaged Hair Ceremonia Mascarilla de Babassu Hydrating Hair Mask 7.8 oz / 230 mL JVN Nurture Deep Moisture Mask 5 oz/ 147 mL . Also it would be good to try and lessen the use of heat styling to straighten your wavy hair. I find oils are great for my dry wavy hair and my favorites are Ceremonia Hair Oil Mist con Aloe Vera 2 oz / 60 mL The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane 1 oz/ 30 mL JVN Complete Pre-Wash Scalp & Hair Strengthening Treatment Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL . Also if your hair is dry try not to shampoo daily. A good trim of dry dead ends at least twice a year will keep the frizz away too. Best of luck!

Re: I have damaged thick, dry wavy coarse and frizzy waist-length hair, need help with routine

Omg thank you so much! Do you recommend only using a mask and oil for my hair or should I also use a serum and some kind of leave in spray treatment?

@leonaarmine , definitely use a heat protectant anytime you use a blow dryer or heat tools. I like Ceremonia Guava Rescue Hair Heat Protectant Spray 6.7 oz / 200 mL  and JVN Complete Instant Recovery Heat Protectant Leave-In Serum 3.4 oz/ 100 mL  OUAI Heat Protection Spray . Personally I find my dry wavy hair doesn’t need much as a styling aid so I use them sparingly but everyone is different. I do use a leave in moisturizer after every shampoo (about every third day) and sometimes to refresh my hair. Ceremonia Guava Hydrating Leave-In Conditioner 6.7 oz / 200 mL  Briogeo Superfoods™ Avocado + Kiwi Moisture Leave-In Conditioner 5.75 oz / 170 mL .

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing