Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Best Hair Ever

How to get Silky Frizz-free hair?

PLEASE HELP! I'M DESPERATE! Smiley Sad 

I have very fine hair with little frizzies around my temples and the crown of my head. My hair is naturally curly/wavy but  it never looks right if I let it go natural. My hair is incredibly dry and brittle. If I let my hair air dry, it is one big frizzy ball of dry hair. So everyday for work I must blow dry and straighten my hair. I use It's A 10 leave in miracle treatment (which used to work wonders, not so much anymore) before styling each day, and Argon Oil to try and smooth the frizzy fly aways after straightening. But yet my hair still feels dead and dry. It tangles easily, and feels like my fingers are running through straw Smiley Sad

What are some products I can use to restore my hair, and give me that beautiful soft, silky smooth, frizz-free, shine, that I will be able to run my hands through with pride? 

Re: How to get Silky Frizz-free hair?

My roommate in college said she used to have hair that sounds exactly like yours! She swore by BioSilk and applied it to her hair religiously after every shower, and I thought her hair looked fantastic. Maybe you could give that a try? Unfortunately Sephora doesn't sell it, but you can find it in a lot of places.

Frizzy hair is caused by a lack of moisture. You need to do deep conditioning treatments at least once a week, probably more until your hair gets better. My hair doesn't get weighed down easily so i use a styling cream and then an oil as well when its towel dried. Heat styling is also going to contribute to your problem. Try to not use heat stylers as much as you can. I know its not ideal but doing it will help so much. Also don't use the highest heat setting on your styling tools. Figure out the lowest temp for your hair to straighten without being too high. Also right before i straighten my hair is apply alittle oil to the section as an extra layer of protection and then a shine spray after i'm done, it helps tame stray hairs. 

My favorite products that work wonders for me are..

-Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie conditioning balm

-Macadamia NAtural Oil Deep repair mask

-Macadamia natural oil healing oil treatment

-Redken All soft Argan oil

-Redken Extreme Mask

-Alterna Kendi oil, or spray version. 

Those "little frizzies" are broken hairs.  It will really help with the health of your hair if you stop using heat tools and go natural for awhile.  I know you say it "never looks right" when you don't heat style but it's probably just because you haven't found the right products/technique to bring out your natural waves.

My hair is very similar to yours except that I would describe mine as "fine" instead of "very fine".  After washing my hair (once every 2-3 days) I apply a light styling cream (Bumble and Bumble's is good), scrunch, and allow to air dry.  Once dry or mostly dry I'll mist a sea spray allover for some body and texture.  As for those pesky little hairs along my hairline - clear mascara or brow gel followed by hair spray works well to make them behave.

On days I don't wash my hair another mist of sea spray and some light scrunching is all that's required.

Hope that helps!

Bumble Styling Crème -

http://www.sephora.com/styling-creme-P280533?skuId=1270594

Sachajuan Ocean Mist -

http://www.sephora.com/ocean-mist-P296827?skuId=1375179

Are you washing your hair every day? Try cutting back to just 2-3x to let your natural oils do their job on your hair. 

I must wash my hair everyday... while my hair is dry, my scalp gets oily and greasy looking after just one day. If I wash my hair in the morning and sleep on it, as quick as by the next morning it looks flat, oily, and greasy up top and dry and damaged in the length Smiley Sad

Have you tried a dry shampoo & not wearing it down the next day? 

Basically on days that I simply don't have time to wash it, I pull it up. I've experimented with dry shampoos a little bit, but I guess I haven't found the right one. They all seem either too heavy for my fine hair or they are too much like hair spray, making my hair knotty and the roots overly lifted, my hair practically stands on its own haha

You need a super high-strength heat protector!  Agreed on those frizzies being broken hair from over-heat styling.

Not a heat protector, but I'm currently loving Living Proof Nourishing Styling Cream.

Highlighted

I agree with dannyc's suggestion. My hair used to be just like yours (YEARS ago) then a friend (hair stylist) told me to stop washing my hair every day. For about 18 years now I wash my hair 3-4 times a week... I have never used a brush in my whole life, instead I use a pick or wide tooth comb to limit breakage and split ends... I also use a low heat setting on my hair dryer and a large barrel ceramic curling iron on low/med heat to kinda seal my shine into the ends of my hair... and I never use styling products. I have used Paul Mitchell's Awapuhi shampoo and Pantene Pro-V conditioner (Smooth something, it has a green color label) for nearly 18 years now... and for about 2 or 3 months in the beginning I did weekly conditioning treatments to address my dryness issues and never had to do anything again (until just recently when I tried a new conditioner and it stripped my hair BUT three uses of OJON Damage Reverse Restorative Hair Treatment Plus fixed me back to normal thankfully Smiley Happy In the long run a quick fix is probably only temporary... so try to start at the root, consider it a job worth investing some serious time into, and give your hair the time it needs to grow out more balanced and healthy Smiley Happy Best of luck Sweetie... I hope I helped a little Smiley Happy

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors