Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

How much would you pay for a haircut?

I have to confess it's been many years since I've gotten my hair cut professionally at a salon. I usually cut and color myself. I recently broke down and made an appointment though. Mostly because during the lockdown I've let my hair grow a lot and feel like it's finally at a point where someone can maybe do something nice with it? Also I think I'm just dying to make a change during the monotony of life right now. Anyway...the place I'm going to seems very nice but very expensive. After tip it will probably come to a hundred bucks! Just curious if other people pay that much or am I crazy?? 

Re: How much would you pay for a haircut?

My Mom has shoulder length hair and she gets it dyed with 2-3 different colored highlights as well put in. With the haircut along with a style she pays around $80 and after tip it is $100+ so you're about right on the money. I don't dye my hair so I can't tell you how much my stylist would charge, but we go to the same salon so I'm sure it would be close to the same price.

Mine is waist long. With trim and balayage, it runs me $150-$200 not including tips. So yes, it can be very pricey. I try to do it every 6 months but this dumb COVID thing, I haven’t done it for about a year 😔 The saddest thing is my hair guy closed his door for good due to the state keeps shutting down hair salons round after round.😔 So go treat yourself to a nice haircut while you can @Redtroop 

I just got a trim- straighten my back & long layers to frame my face & balayage & paid $150. Not including tip. I'm bad about going to get a trim so it's probably a once every 6 months. This time was longer though.😑.. I think over a year. I've been going to my guy for years & I'm crazy picky who I let cut my hair after having it butchered. My hair is long & I'm not for certain that is considered in the price for my guy, but in the past, I did have to pay extra due to my length. I've had it down to my behind before. @Redtroop 

@Redtroop I have never paid salon prices but I see how much my uncle and aunt who are both hair stylists charge and consider myself and family lucky.  As long as you trust the person and see their work I wouldn’t mind paying over $50. 

@Redtroop My stylist is around $75 for a cut and style, not including a tip. It's a lot compared to some others I've been to over the years, but she's amazing and makes my hair look so good that I don't mind. Honestly, I think a good, knowledgeable stylist is worth their weight in gold. 

Thanks for your reply. Makes me feel better about doing this! 😅

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 25 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing