Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Help My Hair!!

I had a bad bleach incident years ago that literally fried my hair and now I have these horrible short strands of hair that stick out . I went to a little hair salon once that used like 2-3 things that worked like magic and made me feel super pretty. Unfortunately... I never asked the names of the products and that salon seems to have been closed down or something.. Does anyone know what I can use that will for sure help me so I don't have to shell out hundreds just to try to find what works? I want my hair to feel pretty again! 😭

Re: Help My Hair!!

@RnbwCupcake,

Do not worry! I had this happen before as well and it does go away after a few months. I think it also depends on how damaged the hair is. I also recommend the Verb Ghost oil to tame the flyaways and it also helps smooth out the hair. You also just need a very small amount of this product!

https://www.sephora.com/product/ghost-oil-P399992?icid2=products%20grid:p399992:product

❤️ Melissa

Re: Help My Hair!!

@RnbwCupcake Hi there, hairstylist here. So I see a few things happening. I can see that you are still lightening your hair. The 'horrible strands that stick out' are breakage - however that is not from the incident you say happened a few years ago. That breakage is recent. It seems that whomever is doing your roots is overlapping the bleach which is causing you're already fragile hair to snap off. 

While Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL is a good recommendation, your hair needs the professional strength only offered in salon. There is a Olaplex Salon Locator on the app or google 'Salons that Use Olaplex Near Me' and ask for the "Stand Alone Treatment". I would then highly recommend purchasing Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL and a protein based treatment such as Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment 8 oz/ 227 g. It's the perfect combination of moisture/protein/bond builders. 

Thanks, I'll take your recommendations!

Thanks, I'll take your recommendations! Should I use the Olaplex conditioner too, or not use conditioner at all?

Re: Thanks, I'll take your recommendations!

@RnbwCupcake Use the mask in place of conditioner. 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
testing