Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

TeamBIC Healthy Hair Challenge.png

This summer, Team BIC is ~upgrading~ our hair care routines to give our tresses some good ol’ TLC … and we want you to join us! We’re calling on you to come up with at least one healthy hair habit that will help you achieve your #HairGoals, and challenge you to check in about once a week to hold yourself accountable and share your progress. Maybe you’ll consider avoiding heat tools, or even start incorporating that hair oil you’ve had in your stash for ages into your regular routine. If you’re experiencing any breakage from color or chemical treatments, or simply want to nurture your natural hair texture, this one’s for you! Bye-bye, damage - it’s healthy hair’s time to shine. 😎

Feel free to post your selfies and product photos, or just discuss how you plan to maintain or achieve healthy hair as a part of this challenge! We’re so excited to embark on a little journey together, and hope to hear all your product recommendations, tips, and tricks to ultimate hair and scalp health.

Hit the “Reply” button below to share a healthy hair habit you’re taking up for the challenge, and be sure to check back in every week to post updates you have after revamping your routine.

Re: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

I've been using Ouidad's Ultra-Nourishing Cleansing Oil shampoo off and on.  The other day I added Sachajuan's Leave In Conditioner and their Hair Repair as a leave-in treatment on my ends, and it made my dry, coarse, wavy hair look like I had styled and curled.

https://www.sephora.com/product/leave-in-conditioner-P378309?icid2=products%20grid:p378309:product

https://www.sephora.com/product/hair-repair-P296828?icid2=products%20grid:p296828:product

@Ispend2much6 not sure if you saw my note to @scarletb but I've been looking for a good leave in treatment so will have to add to my list. TY!

Also curious is tagging not working for you? Tagging the product with a hashtag? 

Sachajuan Leave In Conditioner 

@LexBT   Funny you should ask, because I just saw the note, somewhere, that hashtags are for linking to products!  I never did that because I didn't read carefully.

I am having a lot of problems with the forum though.  It takes forever to link to comments from email, load hearts, load pictures, link to comments from my notifications, and posting comments.

@Ispend2much6 yes, things are moving slooooooow. We've filed a ticket and are following up again today! 

And yes, welcome to the world of product tagging with # -- so much easier. 

@LexBT - So the slow everything isn't just me!  I thought I had a virus or something on my tablet and did all types of mx last night just to find out today it was all for naught.  Now I know. 💻

So I'm the one on Sephora yet my mom is the one who tells me that a new curly hair brand is coming to the stores called Bread. Has anyone tried it? My waves might not be what it targets but her curls nearly coils seem like a good fit. I'd love to hear anyone's experience.

@ShortErica tis true! haha love that your mom is ahead of the game. I haven't tried yet but it's on my list. I'm currently trying 2 other new brands - Adwoa and Mizani. Will report back!

Excited for you to report back @LexBT. I couldn't resist and got the set (it isn't coming up in the tag search when I type "bread") to surprise my mom. I'll share what she thinks.

@ShortErica too sweet. well if mom's up for giving us a sneak peek, I'd love to hear about it. 

Does anyone have any tips or product recommendations for extremely damaged hair?  I've been getting my thick, black hair bleached and toned silver for over a year.  I've noticed that I'm starting to lose chunks of my hair due to breakage.

Olaplex 3-6 don't seem to be doing much for my hair anymore.  Verb Ghost Oil is great for making my hair look shiny, but I'm looking for a better long term solution for breakage.

The breakage is mainly caused by the Amika Bust Your Brass shampoo and conditioner.  Nowhere on the bottle did it say anything about using it only when needed.  I've used other purple shampoos such as Fanola No Yellow, that clearly state to only use when brassy tones start showing.

@RAWRitsRED 

Okay so let’s talk. Violet or blue based shampoo’s are really harsh. I’ve only met one in my life that I would say is okay for daily use but I would not recommend it - if you are trying to maintain a silver tone in your hair, shampoo is NOT the way to go. 
Colour depositing masks are your best bet. Shampoo with a PROTEIN based shampoo (Redken Extreme) to help with your breakage, condition with a protein based conditioner (Redken Extreme) then follow with a colour depositing mask. My favourite is made by Fanola’s organic counterpart but you may have a difficult time finding it in the US, so go with Matrix So Silver Triple Power Mask. I’m pretty sure all those you can get at Ulta. Oh and do not stop using Olaplex No.3. 

@GG84 

Thank you so much for the tips and recommendations!

@RAWRitsRED I'm sorry that the amika Blonde Bombshell Bust Your Brass Set products didn't work out well for you. I actually just started using the shampoo last month and I love it! It's much more gentle on my hair (and less intense) than other purple shampoos that I've tried and I have been using it a couple of times per week.  I find it surprisingly moisturizing but it's too bad that it had the opposite effect for you 😔

Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

My hair is bleached beyond belief and quarantine means that trim I was putting off really isn't happening now 😂. I purchased the olaplex #3 recently and using it just once a week has made such a visual difference to my hair. Completely worth an extra 20 minutes once a week!

@meou yessssss +1 to this

trimming it yourself is pretty easy, especially if you have longer hair (and no one's going to see it anyway, haha).  I haven't had a "real" haircut in years lol.

My hairs really long but I think I'm past the point of a trim fixing it haha. The split ends are creeping up to being split half way up the strand. 

@meou I recently bleached my hair, so I feel your pain! I've been using Olaplex #3, along with the Verb Hydrating Hair Treatment Mask 6.8 oz/ 201 mL and my hair health is slowly coming back to life! This mask is AMAZING! (Especially considering the price!!!) I'll leave it in for 20-30 minutes, and my hair is SO soft! 

Ohhhh I'm adding it to my cart now! I've been bleaching my hair heavily forever so I'm pretty much always playing a game of trying to hydrate and "glue" it back together. I've definitely had a chunk snap off before 😂

I am committed to letting my hair air dry all summer, no dryer or flat iron since mid-May. I want to get my hair trimmed, however with covid it just isn’t safe right now. I need to incorporate a mask to help with frizz, so I chose Living Proof No Frizz Intense Moisture Hair Mask This will be my first experience using one.

@TeamBIC 

@angel7594 Ooooh! Excited to hear about your experience with this Living Proof mask~ 

Props to you for going heat-free! 

164 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos16
  • TeamBIC Healthy Hair Challenge.png
  • Olaplex_hair journey_07202020.jpg
  • healthy hair 2.jpg
  • healthy hair 1.jpg
  • 20200726_115743.jpg
  • AirBrush_20200726100610.jpg
  • AB5CBB5B-F515-4660-AA52-9F08CEC8F602.jpeg
  • 69C680C3-D4FC-44AA-B6CC-FD97336C993E.jpeg