Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

TeamBIC Healthy Hair Challenge.png

This summer, Team BIC is ~upgrading~ our hair care routines to give our tresses some good ol’ TLC … and we want you to join us! We’re calling on you to come up with at least one healthy hair habit that will help you achieve your #HairGoals, and challenge you to check in about once a week to hold yourself accountable and share your progress. Maybe you’ll consider avoiding heat tools, or even start incorporating that hair oil you’ve had in your stash for ages into your regular routine. If you’re experiencing any breakage from color or chemical treatments, or simply want to nurture your natural hair texture, this one’s for you! Bye-bye, damage - it’s healthy hair’s time to shine. 😎

Feel free to post your selfies and product photos, or just discuss how you plan to maintain or achieve healthy hair as a part of this challenge! We’re so excited to embark on a little journey together, and hope to hear all your product recommendations, tips, and tricks to ultimate hair and scalp health.

Hit the “Reply” button below to share a healthy hair habit you’re taking up for the challenge, and be sure to check back in every week to post updates you have after revamping your routine.

Re: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

image.jpg

❤️hey everyone my name is Nicole and I am a single mom who is recently divorced with two kids and have made the choice to take self care of myself into my own hands even more so now than ever so this is day one of hair and skin challenge no make up no hair color all of its virgin hasn’t been colored (hasn’t been colored in 5-6years) or touched with heat in over two years now!!! I am hoping that you enjoy this beautiful transition I am going to be giving it 100%!!! Day 1!! 09/25/2020 #haircarechallange #curls #hairdamage #mommyselflovechallange

1.) Added Moroccan oil to my routine. 2.) Less heat and more air when drying my hair with my Dyson blow dryer. 3.) Washing my hair 3-4 times a week instead of 5. 4.) Added a multivitamin especially for nails & hair. 5.) When blow drying, I use Kérastase resistance blow dry care for damaged hair. I use it before blow drying & then apply a little on my palms and smooth over the dried top layer of my hair. It helps keep it smooth and also my hair is easier to style with a wand brush.

@irshgrl500  Wow your hair looks amazing!

thank you.

thank you.

Gorgeous!!!

Thank you, so much.

Thank you, so much.

These are great habits @irshgrl500!! I tried Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Light Hair Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL a while back and need to get back on it. Your hair looks gorge! 

Thank you, so much. I also completely forgot, I also use Keratase resistance blow-dry primer, for damaged hair.

Objet : Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

Olaplex and moroconoil❤️🙌🏻

Re: Objet : Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

Re: Objet : Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

@GeorginaBT  Have you tried Olaplex No. 0 Intensive Bond Building Hair Treatment Kit  yet? Game changer for me!! My hair once felt like straw and is now silky smooth!!

@ather OOOooh not yet, but I'm adding to my basket now based on this! So happy it's working well for you!!

I just picked up Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Creme and I'm liking it. My hair really loves all their products. 

@GeorginaBT  Oooo I should try that one too!! I might pick up the mini set! 

I will say the 0 is a bit tricky to apply but stick with it! My hair has never felt so good!! 

@ather Reporting back now that I've been using No. 0 for the past couple of weeks!! I'm liking it so far, but I need to lay off Gisou Honey Infused Hair Mask so I can see the true results of No. 0 + No. 3 on their own. 

I feel you on the application! I just read that Olaplex specifically only recommends dampening your hair with it, not getting it completely soaked. Much easier to do the former! I'll keep at it for sure. 😊

I find because of social distancing and not being able to go out anywhere as much i am using less heat. My hair is muchhealthier on theends. I hope to keep this up. I have curly hair and have been using oils and creams to maintain the curls. I am washing 2-3 times per week. Mygoal is 2 times. I have oily skin so my hair gets oily fast. I am trying to train my skin to produce less oil. Once a week I use #Ouai Detox Shampoo and it helps my hair last longer between washes. I am also going to stop colouring my hair and see how that helps my hair!

I use amika Flash Instant Shine Hair Gloss Mask 

RE: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

Looking to olaplex to help me maintain this amazing color!!! Hair cred IG: abhairsalons!!

Re: RE: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

@Haley4356  Wow I love the colour!!

RE: Re: RE: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

Thank you so much @ather!!!!

RE: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

I have stopped using heat tools and I am learning to embrace my type 2 curls. Today I did my first deep conditioning. Here is my result. Today I ordered Briogeo Blossom and Bloom Hair thickening + volumizing travel kit to see if I like it. I’m learning the Curly Girl Method

164 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos16
  • TeamBIC Healthy Hair Challenge.png
  • Olaplex_hair journey_07202020.jpg
  • healthy hair 2.jpg
  • healthy hair 1.jpg
  • 20200726_115743.jpg
  • AirBrush_20200726100610.jpg
  • AB5CBB5B-F515-4660-AA52-9F08CEC8F602.jpeg
  • 69C680C3-D4FC-44AA-B6CC-FD97336C993E.jpeg
  • IMG_20200814_164422_865.jpg