Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

TeamBIC Healthy Hair Challenge.png

This summer, Team BIC is ~upgrading~ our hair care routines to give our tresses some good ol’ TLC … and we want you to join us! We’re calling on you to come up with at least one healthy hair habit that will help you achieve your #HairGoals, and challenge you to check in about once a week to hold yourself accountable and share your progress. Maybe you’ll consider avoiding heat tools, or even start incorporating that hair oil you’ve had in your stash for ages into your regular routine. If you’re experiencing any breakage from color or chemical treatments, or simply want to nurture your natural hair texture, this one’s for you! Bye-bye, damage - it’s healthy hair’s time to shine. 😎

Feel free to post your selfies and product photos, or just discuss how you plan to maintain or achieve healthy hair as a part of this challenge! We’re so excited to embark on a little journey together, and hope to hear all your product recommendations, tips, and tricks to ultimate hair and scalp health.

Hit the “Reply” button below to share a healthy hair habit you’re taking up for the challenge, and be sure to check back in every week to post updates you have after revamping your routine.

Re: RE: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

@PaulaB4  Beautiful curls!

Your curls look pretty, @PaulaB4!

thank you.  I'm still looking for a gel hair product for 2B fine hair, most gel products seem to weigh my hair down.  Any suggestions?

Re: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

IMG_20200814_164422_865.jpg

 Today was a good hair day:

1) I shampooed with Christophe Robin Color Shield Shampoo 

2) I slept overnight in Kiehl's Since 1851 Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak 8.4 oz/ 250 mL 

3) I applied a generous amount of Kérastase Elixir Ultime Hydrating Hair Oil Serum 3.4 oz/ 100 mL while soaking wet

4) Applied Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Heat and Humidity Gel.

Because I color and highlight my hair (I'm 45, so going gray), I also often use Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz/ 100 mL and a collection of other deep conditioners.

P.S. Eyeshadow and lipstick are PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership VII Eyeshadow Palette - Divine Rose Collection 10 x 0.047 oz./ 1.32 g

and PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick Candy Flip 

@curlychiquita  Beautiful!

@ather Thank you! 💗

@curlychiquita Your curls are stunning dahling!

Thank you, @jozkid! 💗

First off, beautiful hair @curlychiquita. Second, no way you're 45! And lastly, any recommendations of Olaplex 3 application. I need to finally give the bottle I bought a whirl and see what the magic is all about.

Thank you, @ShortErica! 💗 For the Olaplex, I wash my hair first because I have products in it that usually have silicones. I towel dry it as much as I can.  I apply a liberal amount to make sure my hair is saturated, comb it through, put on a shower cap, and sleep in it. Then I wash it out and condition in the morning.  You don't have to sleep in it, though. Because my hair is so course, I go through 1.5 to 2 ounces each time, so the treatment is expensive. I only use it every two weeks. I deep condition with other items in between.

RE: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

Made my successful step toward healthier hair when i cut off about 3 inches of grown out double-bleached hair (done in one day by myself 😢). Shortly after quarantine began, I thought ... I should bleach my hair and go silver, which destroyed my hair texture, behavior, and frizz was EVERYWHERE. I purchased Olaplex no.3 Hair perfector about a month ago, which has helped a TON. Now for the products... Today I ended up ordering some new products focused on my hair concerns which were based on hours of research and reading reviews!! I ordered: -Living Proof Restore Shampoo -Living Proof Full Conditioner -Living Proof Full Dry Volume Blast -IGK 1-800-HOLD ME Hairspray Can anyone attest to these products individually (or together) for fine hair that falls flat after blow drying and styling? I chose the Restore shampoo for something a bit more gentle and hydrating vs. the Full shampoo! Already have the Living Proof Restore Blowout Concentrate, which is amazing. Anyone have experience with these??

✌🏼🌵 I just bought the SUNDAY RILEY Clean Rinse Clarifying Scalp Serum and I’ve got feedback! 🚿

ABOUT MY HAIR: 👱🏼‍♀️
So I have very long, coarse blonde hair (with about 2 inches of regrowth at the root. Level 9/10 Partial or Full Highlights every 6 weeks at the salon. I have #splitends #dryness #damaged #overprocessed #hair. My #HairGoals included buying (SR clean Rinse) &/or the Alternatives Below. 

Since there’s been the inability to go to salons during COVID; I triedEVERYTHING to keep my beautiful 👱🏼‍♀️ #blonde #blondehighlights #blondehair looking beautiful. My hair is DULL. Feels Full of Mucky Grimy Buildup from too much dry shampoo, styling products and hairspray... oh - and I’ve been using A TON OF #dryshampoo 😫😩🥺
Well, I’m glad I bought this Sunday Riley Clean Rinse Clarifying Scalp Serum with Niacinamide 4 oz/ 120 mL  💦 My 2020 #HairGoalChallenge is to Clean It 🧼 Up.

CHECK OUT THE CHALLENGE ⤵️ 

Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love! 

@TeamBIC @Danzie89 @GeorginaBT @tjffc 

@lindseyyfaye  @sephoraz  #sephora #trending #Sundayrileycleanrinse #scalprinse  

#haircare #blondehair #allhair #breakage #challenge #hair care #healthy hair #scalp care IGK Low Key Cleansing Walnut Scalp Scrub 5 oz/ 147 mL  dpHUE Apple Cider Vinegar Scalp Scrub & Hair Rinse Duo 🧽💦👍

RE: Re: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

So pretty!

Gorgeous locks @daniellepolumbo!! amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo 1 oz/ 44 mL is my favorite. 

AB5CBB5B-F515-4660-AA52-9F08CEC8F602.jpeg

69C680C3-D4FC-44AA-B6CC-FD97336C993E.jpeg

Checking in after trying out a few new products for my curl routine. I mentioned in an earlier post that I think I have a solid **shower** hair care routine, but my styling game could use a little help. I either need more moisture or more hold depending on the day, so this is what I tried:

Mizani 25 Miracle Milk Heat Protectant Leave-In Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL - I actually got the sample size just to give it a whirl and I love it. My only qualm is that it’s a spray and not a cream. with sprays I always feel like I’m using way too much. How do I regulate? More is more, amirite?

Moroccanoil Curl Defining Cream 8.5 oz/ 250 mL - tried and true. Love the smell. Great for curl definition. Been on this for 5+ years.

adwoa beauty Baomint™ Moisturizing Curl Defining Gel 16 oz/ 453 g - “gels” always make me nervous, but this was really more like a cream gel (see goop shot above, 1 day late for texture tues). I like that it’s in an easy to access jar bc I need a lot of product. But surprisingly, I felt like I may actually be able to try this bad boy with a moisture product only. Would love to cut down on the number of steps! Will mess around with routine and amount of product and check in again soon.

@LexBT  Gorgeous hair!

@LexBT Beautiful hair!

RE: Re: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

Love your curls! @LexBT

@TeamBIC I've skipped flat ironing the past two weeks.  I'm telling myself it's to give my hair a break and it's b/c of this thread - not due to laziness or the heat!

@greeneyedgirl107  I have been skipping blow drying and straightening my hair to help!! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos16
  • TeamBIC Healthy Hair Challenge.png
  • Olaplex_hair journey_07202020.jpg
  • healthy hair 2.jpg
  • healthy hair 1.jpg
  • 20200726_115743.jpg
  • AirBrush_20200726100610.jpg
  • AB5CBB5B-F515-4660-AA52-9F08CEC8F602.jpeg
  • 69C680C3-D4FC-44AA-B6CC-FD97336C993E.jpeg
  • IMG_20200814_164422_865.jpg