Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

TeamBIC Healthy Hair Challenge.png

This summer, Team BIC is ~upgrading~ our hair care routines to give our tresses some good olโ€™ TLC โ€ฆ and we want you to join us! Weโ€™re calling on you to come up with at least one healthy hair habit that will help you achieve your #HairGoals, and challenge you to check in about once a week to hold yourself accountable and share your progress. Maybe youโ€™ll consider avoiding heat tools, or even start incorporating that hair oil youโ€™ve had in your stash for ages into your regular routine. If youโ€™re experiencing any breakage from color or chemical treatments, or simply want to nurture your natural hair texture, this oneโ€™s for you! Bye-bye, damage - itโ€™s healthy hairโ€™s time to shine. ๐Ÿ˜Žโœจ

Feel free to post your selfies and product photos, or just discuss how you plan to maintain or achieve healthy hair as a part of this challenge! Weโ€™re so excited to embark on a little journey together, and hope to hear all your product recommendations, tips, and tricks to ultimate hair and scalp health.

Hit the โ€œReplyโ€ button below to share a healthy hair habit youโ€™re taking up for the challenge, and be sure to check back in every week to post updates you have after revamping your routine.

Re: RE: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

@PaulaB4  Beautiful curls!

Your curls look pretty, @PaulaB4!

thank you.  I'm still looking for a gel hair product for 2B fine hair, most gel products seem to weigh my hair down.  Any suggestions?

Re: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

IMG_20200814_164422_865.jpg

โ€ƒToday was a good hair day:

1) I shampooed with Christophe Robin Color Shield Shampoo 

2) I slept overnight in Kiehl's Since 1851 Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak 8.4 oz/ 250 mL 

3) I applied a generous amount of Kรฉrastase Elixir Ultime Hydrating Hair Oil Serum 3.4 oz/ 100 mL while soaking wet

4) Applied Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Heat and Humidity Gel.

Because I color and highlight my hair (I'm 45, so going gray), I also often use Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz/ 100 mL and a collection of other deep conditioners.

P.S. Eyeshadow and lipstick are PAT McGRATH LABS Mothership VII Eyeshadow Palette - Divine Rose Collection 10 x 0.047 oz./ 1.32 g

and PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTranceโ„ข Lipstick Candy Flip 

@curlychiquita  Beautiful!

@ather Thank you! ๐Ÿ’—

@curlychiquita Your curls are stunning dahling!

Thank you, @jozkid! ๐Ÿ’—

First off, beautiful hair @curlychiquita. Second, no way you're 45! And lastly, any recommendations of Olaplex 3 application. I need to finally give the bottle I bought a whirl and see what the magic is all about.

Thank you, @ShortErica! ๐Ÿ’— For the Olaplex, I wash my hair first because I have products in it that usually have silicones. I towel dry it as much as I can.  I apply a liberal amount to make sure my hair is saturated, comb it through, put on a shower cap, and sleep in it. Then I wash it out and condition in the morning.  You don't have to sleep in it, though. Because my hair is so course, I go through 1.5 to 2 ounces each time, so the treatment is expensive. I only use it every two weeks. I deep condition with other items in between.

RE: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

Made my successful step toward healthier hair when i cut off about 3 inches of grown out double-bleached hair (done in one day by myself ๐Ÿ˜ข). Shortly after quarantine began, I thought ... I should bleach my hair and go silver, which destroyed my hair texture, behavior, and frizz was EVERYWHERE. I purchased Olaplex no.3 Hair perfector about a month ago, which has helped a TON. Now for the products... Today I ended up ordering some new products focused on my hair concerns which were based on hours of research and reading reviews!! I ordered: -Living Proof Restore Shampoo -Living Proof Full Conditioner -Living Proof Full Dry Volume Blast -IGK 1-800-HOLD ME Hairspray Can anyone attest to these products individually (or together) for fine hair that falls flat after blow drying and styling? I chose the Restore shampoo for something a bit more gentle and hydrating vs. the Full shampoo! Already have the Living Proof Restore Blowout Concentrate, which is amazing. Anyone have experience with these??

โœŒ๐Ÿผ๐ŸŒต I just bought the SUNDAY RILEY Clean Rinse Clarifying Scalp Serum and Iโ€™ve got feedback! ๐Ÿšฟ

ABOUT MY HAIR: ๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ
So I have very long, coarse blonde hair (with about 2 inches of regrowth at the root. Level 9/10 Partial or Full Highlights every 6 weeks at the salon. I have #splitends #dryness #damaged #overprocessed #hair. My #HairGoals included buying (SR clean Rinse) &/or the Alternatives Below. 

Since thereโ€™s been the inability to go to salons during COVID; I triedEVERYTHING to keep my beautiful ๐Ÿ‘ฑ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ #blonde #blondehighlights #blondehair looking beautiful. My hair is DULL. Feels Full of Mucky Grimy Buildup from too much dry shampoo, styling products and hairspray... oh - and Iโ€™ve been using A TON OF #dryshampoo ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿฅบ
Well, Iโ€™m glad I bought this Sunday Riley Clean Rinse Clarifying Scalp Serum with Niacinamide 4 oz/ 120 mL  ๐Ÿ’ฆ My 2020 #HairGoalChallenge is to Clean It ๐Ÿงผ Up.

CHECK OUT THE CHALLENGE โคต๏ธ 

Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love! 

@TeamBIC @Danzie89 @GeorginaBT @tjffc 

@lindseyyfaye  @sephoraz  #sephora #trending #Sundayrileycleanrinse #scalprinse  

#haircare #blondehair #allhair #breakage #challenge #hair care #healthy hair #scalp care IGK Low Key Cleansing Walnut Scalp Scrub 5 oz/ 147 mL  dpHUE Apple Cider Vinegar Scalp Scrub & Hair Rinse Duo ๐Ÿงฝ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ‘

RE: Re: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

So pretty!

Gorgeous locks @daniellepolumbo!! amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo 1 oz/ 44 mL is my favorite. 

โ€ƒ

AB5CBB5B-F515-4660-AA52-9F08CEC8F602.jpeg

โ€ƒ

69C680C3-D4FC-44AA-B6CC-FD97336C993E.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Checking in after trying out a few new products for my curl routine. I mentioned in an earlier post that I think I have a solid **shower** hair care routine, but my styling game could use a little help. I either need more moisture or more hold depending on the day, so this is what I tried:

Mizani 25 Miracle Milk Heat Protectant Leave-In Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL - I actually got the sample size just to give it a whirl and I love it. My only qualm is that itโ€™s a spray and not a cream. with sprays I always feel like Iโ€™m using way too much. How do I regulate? More is more, amirite?

Moroccanoil Curl Defining Cream 8.5 oz/ 250 mL - tried and true. Love the smell. Great for curl definition. Been on this for 5+ years.

adwoa beauty Baomintโ„ข Moisturizing Curl Defining Gel 16 oz/ 453 g - โ€œgelsโ€ always make me nervous, but this was really more like a cream gel (see goop shot above, 1 day late for texture tues). I like that itโ€™s in an easy to access jar bc I need a lot of product. But surprisingly, I felt like I may actually be able to try this bad boy with a moisture product only. Would love to cut down on the number of steps! Will mess around with routine and amount of product and check in again soon.

@LexBT  Gorgeous hair!

@LexBT Beautiful hair!

RE: Re: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

Love your curls! @LexBT

@TeamBIC I've skipped flat ironing the past two weeks.  I'm telling myself it's to give my hair a break and it's b/c of this thread - not due to laziness or the heat!

@greeneyedgirl107  I have been skipping blow drying and straightening my hair to help!! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos16
  • TeamBIC Healthy Hair Challenge.png
  • Olaplex_hair journey_07202020.jpg
  • healthy hair 2.jpg
  • healthy hair 1.jpg
  • 20200726_115743.jpg
  • AirBrush_20200726100610.jpg
  • AB5CBB5B-F515-4660-AA52-9F08CEC8F602.jpeg
  • 69C680C3-D4FC-44AA-B6CC-FD97336C993E.jpeg
  • IMG_20200814_164422_865.jpg