Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

TeamBIC Healthy Hair Challenge.png

This summer, Team BIC is ~upgrading~ our hair care routines to give our tresses some good ol’ TLC … and we want you to join us! We’re calling on you to come up with at least one healthy hair habit that will help you achieve your #HairGoals, and challenge you to check in about once a week to hold yourself accountable and share your progress. Maybe you’ll consider avoiding heat tools, or even start incorporating that hair oil you’ve had in your stash for ages into your regular routine. If you’re experiencing any breakage from color or chemical treatments, or simply want to nurture your natural hair texture, this one’s for you! Bye-bye, damage - it’s healthy hair’s time to shine. 😎

Feel free to post your selfies and product photos, or just discuss how you plan to maintain or achieve healthy hair as a part of this challenge! We’re so excited to embark on a little journey together, and hope to hear all your product recommendations, tips, and tricks to ultimate hair and scalp health.

Hit the “Reply” button below to share a healthy hair habit you’re taking up for the challenge, and be sure to check back in every week to post updates you have after revamping your routine.

RE: Re: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

Sooo good to give you’re hair a break! I try to limit how much I blow dry/curl my hair. I have straight hair so no need to flat iron it 😂😂 @Anonymous7

Re: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

@greeneyedgirl107 good move! Heat styling on hot summer days feels almost like torture anyways, I definitely avoid it for hotter days! I'm sure your hair will appreciate the break 🙂

WOO - proud of you @greeneyedgirl107! That's a big step and I'm sure your hair is thanking you for it. 

I started on a quest for healthier hair last year and love love love Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz/ 100 mL especially for strengthening my hair. I used to use it every week and now it's about every second week or so. In fact, I also quite like the Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL as my go-to shampoo. 

I love the Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask with Prickly Pear Seed Oil especially for how soft it makes my hair feel. I'm glad I took a risk with the price point! Everytime I use it I loooove the results. 

Of course, Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 32 oz/ 946 mL is always a nice mask for me! 

And who can resist the Briogeo Superfoods Banana + Coconut Nourishing Shampoo + Conditioner Duo for Dry Hair - I even got my mom hooked on it! Very nourishing and I enjoy the banana smell. (I happened to get the Briogeo banana set from Sephora as gratis, or I never would have found out about this delicious set!).

Haven’t tried it yet, I need to look into it!

!! What a great list of product @l8totheparty. I'm an avid user of Olaplex No. 3, Briogeo DDR, and the Briogeo banana shampoo + conditioner myself. Gotta look into the Christophe Robin mask. How often do you find yourself using it? 

You've reminded me that I have a new bottle of Olaplex No. 4 at the ready when I run out of my banana shampoo. So excited to try it out! Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother Reparative Styling Crème is also sitting in my cart.

Because I don't wash my hair everyday (if I were exercising everyday I probably would) I end up using it maybe once every 2 weeks, on a cycle with the Olaplex 4&5, and Briogeo products.  I try to leave my hair 3 days between washings. Everytime I use the Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask with Prickly Pear Seed Oil I think to myself 'worth it'. It's a lovely luxury. @GeorginaBT 

I stopped coloring my hair after I had a beautiful balayage done in October 2018-- my hair is about four inches past my shoulders, and is almost completely grown out! I use Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz/ 100 mL once weekly, use #Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo 24 oz and conditioner to extend time between washes, and will be getting my first keratin treatment next month to reduce style damage with blow drying and straightening my hair. I always use Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Ornament (which lasts forever), and Living Proof No Frizz Humidity Shield 5.5 oz to protect my hair on humid days. Hair care is such a priority for me since I plan on getting married in April 2021 (COVID permitting!)

@Danzie89  You’ve got this!!! I hope you are able to get married next year

@ather  Thank you! Today is actually one year since we got engaged. Let’s hope for the best!

I’ve heard so much about olaplex! I need to try it out! @Danzie89

@Danzie89 Congrats on your engagement!! It’s a good time to get healthy hair in order. I’ve never tried the humidity spray - does it essentially weigh the hair down? 

@LexBT Thank you! The humidity shield doesn’t weigh my hair down at all. It’s super light weight and is a very fine mist. It doesn’t completely stop my hair from frizzing in humidity, but it does help reduce the effects of humidity. It’s certainly better than nothing!

@Danzie89 ok good to know! I will have to try before my next trip to nyc...next year!?

@LexBT , fingers crossed 🤞🏻 for you! 

I love this thread! I've been babying my hair over the summer and it's really paying off. I use Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz/ 100 mL about once a week to strengthen my strands and help prevent breakage. I also use a hydrating hair mask once a week, right now I'm enjoying Verb Hydrating Hair Treatment Mask 6.8 oz/ 201 mL. I also ensure I use adequate heat protection when styling, I got this mini size Kérastase Resistance Heat Protecting Leave-In Treatment for Split Ends 5.1 oz/ 150 mL  and I have been loving it. I apply a quarter size amount to my hair before round brush bow drying and I am so happy with the results. I think I need to splurdge for a full size! Right now my favorite hair product is the Kérastase Elixir Ultime Hydrating Hair Oil Serum 3.4 oz/ 100 mL it helps to protect against heat damage, nourishes my strands, and creates such a healthy shine!

AirBrush_20200726100610.jpg

20200726_115743.jpg

@bakeamuffin  Gorgeous hair!!

Your hair is gorgeous! @bakeamuffin

@bakeamuffin , your hair looks so healthy and gorgeous

You're so sweet, thank you @danielledanielle 😊

Conversation Stats
Photos16
  • TeamBIC Healthy Hair Challenge.png
  • Olaplex_hair journey_07202020.jpg
  • healthy hair 2.jpg
  • healthy hair 1.jpg
  • 20200726_115743.jpg
  • AirBrush_20200726100610.jpg
  • AB5CBB5B-F515-4660-AA52-9F08CEC8F602.jpeg
  • 69C680C3-D4FC-44AA-B6CC-FD97336C993E.jpeg
  • IMG_20200814_164422_865.jpg