Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

TeamBIC Healthy Hair Challenge.png

This summer, Team BIC is ~upgrading~ our hair care routines to give our tresses some good ol’ TLC … and we want you to join us! We’re calling on you to come up with at least one healthy hair habit that will help you achieve your #HairGoals, and challenge you to check in about once a week to hold yourself accountable and share your progress. Maybe you’ll consider avoiding heat tools, or even start incorporating that hair oil you’ve had in your stash for ages into your regular routine. If you’re experiencing any breakage from color or chemical treatments, or simply want to nurture your natural hair texture, this one’s for you! Bye-bye, damage - it’s healthy hair’s time to shine. 😎

Feel free to post your selfies and product photos, or just discuss how you plan to maintain or achieve healthy hair as a part of this challenge! We’re so excited to embark on a little journey together, and hope to hear all your product recommendations, tips, and tricks to ultimate hair and scalp health.

Hit the “Reply” button below to share a healthy hair habit you’re taking up for the challenge, and be sure to check back in every week to post updates you have after revamping your routine.

Re: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

So long and pretty @bakeamuffin!

@ShortErica thank you! ☺️

RE: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

So excited I just got a bunch of samples I can’t wait to try! I got living proof, moroccan oil, briogeo & virtue! Any thoughts on these brands?

Re: RE: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

@lindseyyfaye oh fun! Of those four I mostly have experience with the moroccan oil and briogeo and can say they are great! I haven't tried virtue yet and I think I've only tried the dry shampoo for Living proof and that works really well too.

RE: Re: RE: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

I’m really excited to try them! I don’t have a lot of experience with hair masks. I have natural blonde hair and have never dyed/colored it before so this will be a whole new thing for me! Lol @CarolBT

RE: Healthy Hair Challenge 2020: Commit to treating your locks with love!

My healthy hair habits include a once weekly hair mask to prevent and repair hair damage. But my newest healthy hair habit is a haircut. Check out the before and after!

@Kaitlyn89  Wow!!! How much did you cut? I cut 5-6 inches off my hair last year! Felt amazing 

@Kaitlyn89 transformation!

@Kaitlyn89 Healthy hair!

@Kaitlyn89 wow so jealous of your clean, healthy ends! I love that fresh after-cut feeling. 🙂 Looks gorge.

Weekly update: feelin extra fluffy. I'm going heat free and also trying to focus on treatments + a 3 step routine - moisture lock, curl definition, and hold. May need oil on some days too 🙂 I mean when is a curl routine ever simple, right?

Anyway, see my pics below. Proof that a treatment + moisturizing styling product alone will not suffice. My curls are dry, especially on balayaged ends. I'm going to try out a few products for hold, starting with the adwoa beauty Baomint™ Moisturizing Curl Defining Cream 16 oz/ 453 g Will report back!

healthy hair 1.jpg

healthy hair 2.jpg

@LexBT  It’s looking sooo good!!

@LexBT Very nice!

Also, no sass for this brass please! Sadly there will be no highlights and toning for me in the near future.

My turn! I have been using the Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz/ 100 mL a few times now and I don't know if it's the Olaplex or the fact that I went to bed with damp hair that is making my waves show up more, but I'm liking it. 

Olaplex_hair journey_07202020.jpg

@CarolBT  Loving your thoughts waves! You need to try it again to see what happens!!

Honestly, I want to go through my hair styling/treatment stash and declutter it and find out what works and what doesn't. A lot of it is deluxe-sized samples, but I've accumulated enough that it's a little overwhelming. 

@PrettyPaint it takes diligence to trim it back and test! I'm trying my best through this challenge to focus on: something for hydration, something for curl definition, and something for hold. 

@LexBT  It definitely does take diligence! With hair, I feel like I need to test something out much longer before giving it a final verdict just to account for factors like humidity, etc. I can't wait to hear what you determine works best for hydration. 

I would love to airdry my hair more, my hair is medium texture and has gotten less wavy recently (sometimes more 1c than 2a).  Anyone have product recommendations to define my waves?

@scarletb LexBT might have you covered (TeamBIC on the case!), but it sounds like you and I have similar hair. I think I finally found the secret recipe to my natural beachy wave while sheltering in place (something I've been trying to do literally my entire life and failing at) - sometimes I look at my hair in the mirror and barely recognize it because of how wavy it is! My current process is Christophe Robin Luscious Curl Cream with Flaxseed Oil while my hair is FULLY wet out of the shower -- I flip my hair upside down and scrunch in the product. Then I liberally spray all over with either Verb Sea Spray 6.3 oz/ 186 mL OR OUAI Wave Spray 4.9 fl oz/ 145 mL (Ouai's is a little stickier, but for me it really does the trick) -- and then I scrunch some more. Since my hair is still pretty wet at that point, I usually just hang around with my Aquis Waffle Luxe Hair Towel Moody Grey draped around my shoulders until I'm dry enough to go about my day. For me, I think the key is NOT combing it out after I get out of the shower so I'm not pulling out my waves. Not sure if that's backed by real HAIR SCIENCE, but that's my method!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos16
  • TeamBIC Healthy Hair Challenge.png
  • Olaplex_hair journey_07202020.jpg
  • healthy hair 2.jpg
  • healthy hair 1.jpg
  • 20200726_115743.jpg
  • AirBrush_20200726100610.jpg
  • AB5CBB5B-F515-4660-AA52-9F08CEC8F602.jpeg
  • 69C680C3-D4FC-44AA-B6CC-FD97336C993E.jpeg
  • IMG_20200814_164422_865.jpg