Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Best Hair Ever

Has anyone tried WEN haircare?

I have thought about spending birthday money on the WEN haircare set.  If it does what it says, I could really benefit!!!  But I am skeptical....  Has anyone tried it??

I've heard a lot of negatives about it.  Some from it is...

I've heard a lot of negatives about it.  Some from it is too heavy for hair to it is too light and doesn't hold.  No offensive but it is also WAY overpriced as well, especially for the amount of time it lasts.  There are a lot of products you can get a similar beautiful look without such a high price.

If you want something similar to this, look up products that are for the "Curly Girl Method".  Not only are they cheaper in price but they will last you a lot longer with the same effect.  There are also products which are just as natural which work just as well.

Another thing to keep in mind with silicone and sulfate free products, if you haven't use them before YOU MUST do a final shampoo wash.  If not, you are going to have a lot of buildup within your hair.

Re: I've heard a lot of negatives about it.  Some from it is...

Oooooo ok I get it. Thank you for explaining!!

You have to use a shampoo with sulfate in it for a last time to get rid of the silicones. Then you go with a sulfate free (no-poo) shampoo. I will let you know that sulfate free will not lather much, so it might be strange for the first couple of weeks but you get used to it after a while.

What does final shampoo wash mean??

Hi Bearsmom,   I have tried Wen and absolutely love it. I...

Hi Bearsmom,

I have tried Wen and absolutely love it. I have thin, straight and oily hair. Using Wen has definitely helped with my hair being less oily and not so dry. Now I will say that when using it, you see results best when you only use Wen products. The reason for that is because the ingredients in the products are natural and if you are using other products, then it will interfere with what Wen is supposed to do. It also does require to use a lot of product(pumps), so you might be replenishing a bit more often.

Now to recommend other hair products I would definitely look into either Carols Daughter or Bumble and Bumble, they have really great products. Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Best,

Sara B

Sephora Pro Artist

Here are some of my favorites.......

Bumble and bumble Prep, $6 - $19

Tonic Lotion
Styling Products   see_all

Tonic Lotion, $7 - $20

So both the Prep and Tonic sprays, act as primers for the hair. You spray this all over your hair after your shower and follow with any hair products. I absolutely swear by them and highly recommend it. Tonic is more for someone who is super dry, or has damaged color treated hair. Prep works well for all hair types.

Monoi Repairing Hair Mask
Hair & Scalp Treatments  
Monoi Repairing Hair Mask, $29

If you just want shine and for your hair to feel like SILK, then you must try this mask. It is Amazing

Re: Hi Bearsmom,   I have tried Wen and absolutely love it. I...

Thank you sarab!! I love Bumble and Bumble!!!

I think that Wen is a good option for certain types of ha...

I think that Wen is a good option for certain types of hair, but not for others.

My hair is long, very fine and subject to breakage. I have used the Lavender cleansing conditioner, and it seems to make my hair look and feel better than usual. There is definitely less breakage. The problem is that I need to use it every day in order to have my hair looking good.

Ojon may be a better option for you, as you can buy products that target specific hair issues. And of course Sephora has a wonderfully generous policy on returns, should that be necessary.

Hi bearsmom,   I highly recommend trying it.  I have been...

Hi bearsmom,

I highly recommend trying it.  I have been using WEN for over two years now and love it!  I have very fine, thin, color treated hair.  It has made my hair thicker, shinier, my color lasts longer and my hair is the longest it has ever been because I don't have the split ends like I used to have.  I get compliments on my hair all the time now. 

It is VERY important that you follow all the directions when you use it.  At first you are going to have the use the recommended amount of product, but after about a month of use I was able to cut the amount in half almost. 

I hope this information helps!

Re: Hi bearsmom,   I highly recommend trying it.  I have been...

Thanks my hair is also fine and thin and colortreated so this is very helpful!!

I'm always curious about products I see advertised on TV....

I'm always curious about products I see advertised on TV. I haven't personally tried WEN, nor do I know anyone who has. I do like the idea of it though. Maybe it's just me...but I always find that I run out of conditioner before I run out of shampoo. Which usually results in throwing off my 'hair product purchasing routine'. So having something with both shampoo and conditioning benefits will just save so much time. I am a bit weary though, my hair tends to love a product the first few times I use it...and then the honeymoon period seems to end after about a month Smiley Sad

Whimsically yours,
Janine

I have and I dont recommend it. I have very long and thic...

I have and I dont recommend it. I have very long and thick hair and I needed lots and lots(and lots) of pumps just to cover my hair. I never had that probelm before, usually with shampoo/conditioner I put however much can fit into the palm of my hand and thats usually more than enough. I dont color/perm/use heat/highlight etc my hair so I dont have any issues to deal with. It made my hair a tad softer than other shampoo's but its nothing special. I know of a handful of other shampoos/conditioners that I like a whole lot better. (Giovanni, DermOrganic, David Babaii etc) 

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors