Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Best Hair Ever

Has anyone else tried no heat on hair?

No heat challenge?

Re: Has anyone else tried no heat on hair?

yes and my hair has never been healthier, when i say no heat that includes blow drying. i've been doing this 8 months now. Smiley Happy

I have been doing it for a month and my hair is already at armpit length. I am trying to go to mid back length by my graduation in June.

protective styling is a big help. Smiley Wink

I haven't put heat on my hair in over a year. My hair is MUCH happier. 

if i use heat at all it's on my weaves, when i'm not wearing a weave i just throw it in a puff. Smiley Happy

OK. I've never had a weave before. I'm just going to keep wearing it curly until I visit the salon in March.

Are you all putting buns or wearing it loose? I have been wearing it loose everyday but maybe I should start putting my hair up.

i never wear my hair loose during the winter, my ends will break off, i keep it braided or braided under a weave to protect it. Smiley Happy

I rarely use heat products in my hair. My hair is naturally straight, I'm too lazy to curl it, and I usually air dry my hair. Most of the time I'm in a hurry and can't even dry my hair anyway.

Same, I've also found that it's less static-y when I don't blow dry it

I think I only used heat on my hair twice in the last 2 months. I used to use a straightener or a curler religiously even though I knew my hair was already mad at me for constantly dyeing it (oops....) I didn't purposely put myself on a no heat challenge, it just kinda happened. I blame the fact that I snooze my alarm at least 5 times every morning. But anyway, it's actually been really nice, and now that I stopped dyeing my hair too, it's been super healthy! Smiley Happy

I barely ever use heat unless I have a special occasion or something but what I've found really helps is not brushing my hair. I know this sounds insane but it has helped my hair soooo much since brushing it causes breakage plus I have super curly hair so it just ends up looking poofy and frizzy if I brush it. I use moroccan oil at night and sleep with two braids in and in the morning it looks great.

I rarely use heat on my hair and my hair has always been healthy because of it Smiley Happy

No heat here.

Actually, to add on to this and if I remember, I will do a blog post on what I do/use on my curly hair, I think it is interesting to see what hair can look like when it is airdried.

*shudder* no way am i living without a blowdryer! i compensate with Ouidad Leave in Conditioner and Agave hair oil!

I've only straightened my hair 5 times in my life Smiley Happy

My hair is too short to really require heat, and is board straight to begin with.

I've tried and failed but I didn't really see a difference. I heat style my hair pretty much every day. I know it can be bad but I take measures to make sure my hair is healthy. I only use sulfate free shampoos and conditioners, I'm a Wen girl, and I protect my hair when styling. The one week I didn't use any heat, I didn't like the results so I had to go back.

I never use heat on my hair. Mother nature dries it with the air every day, that's all I need. Smiley Happy

I only style with heat about 4 or 5 times a year- usually curling my straight hair for a special occasion.  My hair grows healthy, quickly, and gets very long, and I attribute it to not using heat on my hair and washing 3x per week.  Good luck!!

I haven't used any heat on my hair for almost a year now, and I've noticed that it's healthier, smoother, and less frizzy. I stopped because a perming treatment that made my hair wonderfully wavy also wonderfully damaged it. The only complaint that I have is the lack of volume, now that the waviness has died down. 

I'm thinking of heat styling my roots to give them more volume, but I'm still searching for a good heat-protectant product that doesn't irritate my skin/scalp.

I rarely use heat but it's still frizzy and dry Smiley Sad 

Yes for like a 5 months? and hated every minute of it..I don't know about you but I don't like going to bed with wet hair. So I had to barrow a blow dry...but think about it, your in the sun, the sun has heat. 

38 Replies
Conversation Stats