cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Hard water shampoo

uUPDATE:

I bought a shower head filter. And what a difference !!!

————-

I recently moved into a apartment and the water is very hard. Makes my hair so frizzy and no longer soft :(. I tried a hard water shampoo from amazon and it worked really good. Was wondering if anyone can reccomed anything for after the shower since I know with rinsing with water is putting it back into my hair. Would a leave in conditioner work?

Re: Hard water shampoo

Awesome, I'm glad you feel the difference.

@lauren91208 

No, a leave in wont work. You cannot create a barrier between your hair and the hard water + minerals. You need to get a shower head filter. The easiest one to install in Sprite. You can get it at Home Depot or any home goods store. Once you have that installed go to a beauty supply or check Amazon and order Malibu C Hard Water Shampoo + Conditioner. 

Thanks. I actually bought the shower filter. And what a difference!

The Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Triplr Detox shampoo has done amazing things for my hair!! I have extremely hard well water. Make sure to leave it in for at least 2 minutes. It is also free of sulfates, etc. 

A new shower head is your only way to avoid it. You can get water softeners but they are huge and hundreds of dollars so as a renter..buy a shower head. 

Thanks. I actually bought the shower head filter and what a difference !

Just buy a shower filter from amazon (aqua bliss sf100) so no more hard water. 

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing