Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Haircare recs for thick, coarse, and straight

My hair is straight, coarse, and absurdly thick. Hasn't been colored/treated. Anyone with similar hair have any favorites?

RE: Haircare recs for thick, coarse, and straight

No products, but don’t put conditioner on your scalp, really helps with itching, oil, and dandruff. If you get frizzy like me make sure to still use plenty of conditioner (and maybe a leave-in) on your ends.

Re: Haircare recs for thick, coarse, and straight

I highly recommend the Ouai Smooth Conditioner. It is $26 but you dont need to use a whole lot as long as you leave it on for ten minutes or so to let it soak in good!! 🙂 I dont find the rest of the Ouai line to do much for my coarse, untameable hair, but the conditioner is pretty decent. It is quite highly scented, gardenia I believe. My all time favourite is the Gloss Moderne deep conditioner, it is pricey, smells beachy and wonderful, and transforms unruly hair. Again you dont need to use a lot as long as you leave it in for a while. This does come in small pots, $9 for 0.5oz iirc, so you can give it a trial run before deciding wether to go all in for the big tub.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing