Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Hair

Best leave in hair mask, treatment, and conditioner. Go!!

Anonymous Insider

Re: Hair

The only mask that has saved my fine, no volume, dry hair (due to bleaching) was Hair Therapie's The Fortifier.  The active ingredient is gelatin and there is nothing like it on the market.  All natural and amazing stuff.  The Fortifier maskThe Fortifier mask

@Ctmakeup What are your specific concerns?

My hair is super coarse at the tips now from bleaching done wrong - I just want it to look healthy and back to being curly again! (shiny and silky)

@Ctmakeup Gotcha! I have the same exact issues right now and I've been having good luck with Olaplex 3 as a treatment (6 is maybe easier if you don't want to do the whole double shower thing but I haven't tried it) followed by either a protein rich conditioning mask or a moisturizing treatment mask like 2x a week. Besides the Olaplex I tend to stick with Aveda because I love their products scents and the rewards program is bomb since I use their salons. That being said, Sephora has a lot of good options I've tried through the Play! boxes

For a moisturizing mask there's AMIKA - Soulfood Nourishing Mask. OUAI - Treatment Masqueand DEVACURL - Melt into Moisture Matcha Butter Conditioning Mask. I know a friend of mine fell in love with an Amika dry shampoo I gave her and occasionally finds their stuff at Marshalls, I personally don't care for the fragrance but it definitely moisturized my hair. The OUAI product was also good, and they're also pretty well known for their fragrances, but I wasn't blown away by any means (but who am I to judge since I literally just said I base my hair purchases on smell 😅). The Devacurl would be my favorite- super thick, you only need a tiny bit of product and a nice light coconutty smell. The deluxe sample I got lasted over three uses and I have pretty thick hair- usually I can barely get one use out of a sample.

For a protein/damage mask I know I've seen Kérastase Resistance Strengthening Hair Mask for Damaged Hair from Heat Styling 6.8 oz/ 200 mLrecommended here by some ladies who do hair for a living so I would 100% trust their opinion, but I have never tried anything for this particular concern from Sephora.

Love Amika as well, @Brutalitops !! The AMIKA - The Kure Intense Repair Maskis one of my faves. Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask 8 oz/ 237 mLis also a really nice mask, @Ctmakeup ! The Amika mask is thicker than the briogeo one. The Briogeo mask feels like a conditioner, but better. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • The Fortifier mask
testing