Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Hair thinning and loss

I am a natural brunette with medium to thick hair, with no existing health care problems. All of a sudden a about a month ago my hair started to fall out from the root, everytime i brushed, washed or even tried to tie my hair back, it falls out. I tried washing my hair only 3 times a week, switched shampoo to one that focussed on what i needed, I even bought the ordinary hair oil for nighttime and still nothing. I probably lose a hundred strands everytime I brush/play will/ wash my hair. My hair went from a medium to thick hair and now it’s starting to be very thin and weak looking. Can someone please help me find a way to start thickening my hair and stop the hair loss before i go bald. 

Re: Hair thinning and loss

Hair loss can be attributed to a few things, while you should see a doctor, here are a few factors... 

• Iron Deficiency 
  • Stress
  • Genetics
  • Telogen Effluvium 
  • Alopecia Areata
  • Post Partum hair loss
  • Nutritional Deficiencies (also rapid weight loss)
  • Certain prescriptions

As you can see there is a lot to consider. You should speak to

your doctor.  @madiraim 

Thank you, I made an appointment with my doctor and got prescription shampoo and i’m getting bloodwork done because he thinks it’s a nutritional issue, which it most likely is. thank you all for the help!!

@GG84 @madiraim Piggybacking off this post- It's not the best thing to hear, but it could very well be something which only a doctor can help with.  If it's sudden hair loss like you're describing, it's often not the fault of any products you are using, and no change of your routine will fix it.  That being said, do not fret! There's several of ways to help bring the hair back and help keep it there.  I have heard Rogaine works great, and I even was going to try using it soon because my hair is super fine and thinning as well.

@sabrinas @sabrinas 

Minoxidil (Rogaine) is the only thing that does work

for women aside from PRPT. There are pros/cons to both. A bit of research and you will choose the correct path. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing