cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|
Anonymous Insider

Hair mask for softer/shinier hair?

I have wavy hair that's currently dyed blonde [I dye my hair frequently] and somehow my hair has avoided being damaged too badly. But I still was wondering if anyone had a recommendation of a hair mask that will make my hair soft and shiny?

Re: Hair mask for softer/shinier hair?

@Anonymous I can't recommend from personal use because they're really new, but DevaCurl has two brand new hair masks. One is specifically made for damaged hair and the other for dry hair. I believe you can use both at the same time too!  There's more information on that on Deva's website, but I believe Sephora is carrying both of the new masks. I can tell you that DevaCurl is a really solid brand made for wavy and curly hair

@Anonymous I love using Bumble & Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil to soften and add shine. 

On casual days I apply it liberally and put my hair in a bun (or you could add it at night). 

It is multi-purpose and a little goes a long way.

http://www.sephora.com/hairdresser-s-invisible-oil-P375391?skuId=1438019&icid2=products%20grid:p375391

The Oribe Gold Lust masque is INCREDIBLE.  Literally.  I was a mask skeptic until I tried this.  It makes my hair feel unreal, with how soft it is.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Hair mask for softer/shinier hair?

How often do you use it? I know it'll be a little different for everybody but I was just wondering.

Downside to softer hair..

- doesn't grip itself well, hard to hold a braid or style

- a lot of fluffing required, easy to lose volume

- shows scalp sweat easily

- need to wash more often, grease or hair oil takes the life out of it in a hurry

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Hair mask for softer/shinier hair?

I don't really style my hair often except for straightening it. But thanks for letting me know! I plan on going to cosmetology school so the more I know about hair the better!

@RGbrown Yeah, I wouldn't pay that!  I mean I have a running start in that I have some product left to get me over the hump while I look for a replacement.  At least I don't hair mask that often!

@Anonymous My favorites are Ojon Restorative Treatment, and Phytonectar (discontinued).  Good luck!

@greeneyedgirl107

I believe Ojon has been discontinued as well.

@greeneyedgirl107

I'm not so sure you have much of a running start...1.5oz (aka the tiny one) looks to be running $70-$90 on eBay now 😕

@RGbrown Wow!  This has been a terrible year for me finding out about discontinued products - it seems that everything I like is gone.  Thanks so much for the heads-up!  Now I have a running start!

When I was getting highlights, nothing worked better than Aveda Damage Remedy mask. My hair has never felt better than when I use that mask 

Also, it helps if you put your hair in a shower cap or something like that and apply heat (I just use hair dryer to get my hair warm) so the mask penetrates the hair shaft 

13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing