Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Hair in knots! Best product to detangle?

I recently made the mistake of going to bed without combing my hair after getting out of the shower cause I was so tired. Next day I just stuck it in a bun. Lo & behold when I took it down, my long straight hair had turned into 1 GIANT SHOULDER LENGTH KNOTTED MASS! I spent anhour in the bathtub trying Pantene volumizing conditioner mixed with Itsa 10 spray detangler on wet hair trying to comb it out with a wide tooth comb. Almost nothing budged. IS THERE SOME MIRACLE DETANGLER OR CONDITIONER THAT WOULD HELP GET THESE KNOTS OUT (aside from a scissors ✂)?! I'm willing to try anything....

Re: Hair in knots! Best product to detangle?

So I am replying to my own post in case anyone ever stumbles upon it with the same sort of tangly issue. Here is what I did. I waited way too long hoping that I'd fond some magic combo of conditioner that would get the tangles out but every morning my hair was worse. Should this happen to you I would advise you to

1)Tackling it soon is better than doing it "just right" (duh)

2) if you have to go another day try to sleep with hair in a silky or satiny nighttime hair wrap. It discourages further tangling.

3)i have no tips on miracle conditioners. I never found one. The miracle ingredient is patience and a helper with lots of it.

4)If you can't or don't want to work the tangles out one by one, start cutting slowly. Don't just lob your hair off above the tangles.

5)Cut perpendicularly into the tangle & you may be able to salvage *some* of the length of the hair involved. Results may vary.

6)Keep a positive attitude and know that sometimes positive things can come from change - including haircuts we didn't originally want. When I finally finished cutting out all the tangles I had an unintentionally cute (albeit short) new haircut that has made me see myself in a new way and discovered that my hair is capable of having volume without blow drying for 30  minutes! Try to see your knotted hair as an opportunity for some positive change and growth in your life. If it's gotta happen you might as well try to make the best of it so look on that bright side 🔆!

Good luck & may the detangler be with you! 

I know 2 good ones, "Its a 10" and the Ouai leave-in detangler. 

Yes @Nadie01 

pick up Redken All Soft Heavy Cream and work it through your hair damp. Let it sit for 10 mins then with your fingers start working the knot out. It will loosen. 

@GG84

Thank you! I will definitely be trying this ASAP! 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing