Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Hair growth from a bad cut

I just had a TERRIBLE hair cut. This 'stylist' did a dry cut on me and tried to do layers,I asked her not to, and it is extremely assymetrical. My hair grows slowly due to my thyroid and damage from heat and color over the years. But this cut is killing me. There is no way to fix it without cutting it up to my chin. Any suggestions aside from biotin to help growth? I could honestly cry

Re: Hair growth from a bad cut

@nikkimariek 

You could consider extensions. There are plenty of different kinds out there now at different price points. 
Tape in: two wefts of hair sandwhiched between your hair in halo formation in several rows. Typically you will need to have them moved up every few months as they grow with your hair. If your someone who loves a ponytail, this may not be the ideal choice. 
Hand Tied Weft: most natural looking option however the most expensive. Rows of hair are hand sewn together then invisibly (no seam) sewn into your hair. You still need to have these moved up every few months. 
iTip: These are glued in. A keratin bond is melted to your natural hair and secured tightly with pliers. It’s a long process but the hair is very secure. Still need to be moved up every few months. 
Clip in: hair is secured to clips and you part your hair in sections and clip them in. Teasing the hair at the root will secure the clips better. Can be difficult to blend depending on the severity of the cut. You put in/take out as you wish. 
Halo: a transparent wire (think fishing wire) sits around your crown of your head like a halo. The bottom contains the hair and the top is bare which allows it to be hidden under your hair. Put on/take off as you wish. 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing