Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Hair care

I just returned all olaplex products 😞 didn’t work for me. Noticed some breakage. I have highlighted dry hair that is falling out a lot . Any recommendations for good hair care items? 

Re: Hair care

I have noticed a huge difference in my hair by taking biotin! 

a mon avis il faut utiliser les produits kérastatses , la gamme extentionniste est parfait pour les cheveux très endogame 

@angeemarie 

It isn’t possible for Olaplex to cause breakage. If you have breakage you lack protein. Pick up Redken Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner as well as Anti Snap leave in. 

Hello! Thank you so much. I find that my hair is breaking and also falling a lot from the root. I started taking vitamins recently and blood work is good. Would the redken help with this? And should I go back and forth with another product to not over proteinize it? Tysm!! @GG84 

my hair was bleached but had hot roots and I just couldn’t deal with it. Wish I did !! Salons closed right after that weekend so during quarantine I dyed it with garnier  box color and since then I think the issues really began though it’s been months!

@angeemarie 

It wouldn’t have been hot roots if you were bleached, it would have been under processed roots. But yes, just stick with the Redken. You can’t over proteinize the hair these days. Only products containing Animal protein have the ability to do that and no hair care brand has used animal protein since the 90’s. 

@GG84  i ordered the Redken - should be here tomorrow!! 

@GG84 That's interesting about not being able to over-do it with products containing protein.  I didn't know that.  I always shied away from any hair masks with protein in it b/c I was afraid if I over-used them my hair might get brittle.  Am I correct in understanding that I've been worried for nothing?

@greeneyedgirl107 

Yes. I don’t know why there is this big misconception on here about protein. Back in the day (mid. 90’s) if you used too much protein your hair would snap off (think Joico K-pak). This hasn’t been the case for years. Alternative protein sources are used now. The reason you wouldn’t want to solely use a protein regimen is because moisture softens the hair while protein strengthens. We all strive for soft hair. 

@GG84 Thanks so much for responding!  I think I have been scared b/c I did over-do it in the 90s.  I don't remember what the product was called, but it came in little ampoules.  I bet you are right that it must have been animal protein.  It's amazing how much misinformation there is out there.

And you're totally right that we all strive for soft hair!

Love reading your posts!

Thank you!!!

I really love the Olaplex products.

Have you tried Amika? My hairdresser swears by them...

I have very long hair and I only wash it one to two times a week. Much healthier than when I washed it nightly.

I also don’t use much product on my hair.

Thank you! I’ve never tried Amika I’ll check that out !! 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing