Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Hair care for long hair

I have long thickish hair, almost to my waist and straight with a slight wave.  It’s naturally medium brown but I semi permanent colour it at the salon to be a darker richer brown.  

I don’t really have big concerns outside of hair fall but I’ve been told that’s normal given the thickness and length.  It might be a bit dry but not really sure.  

I use Lush shampoo bars currently but wanted to try something “more” perhaps to help maintain my hair so it stays healthy and looks great given the length it’s at now.   I’m super nervous about all the popular brands causing hair loss etc.   I was looking at moroccanoil.  But open to other thoughts or suggestions.  

shampoo and conditioner of course but should I use masks? Treatments? 

help! I love my long hair and want to keep it that way.  

Re: Hair care for long hair

@flyingchange I love Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Light Hair Oil , but I have not found a shampoo and conditioner from that brand that I like enough to repurchase.

Brands I continually turn to for most of my hair care needs are Kerastse and Bumble and Bumble.  These are tried and true brands, and their products perform as described.

Shu Uemura has the same parent company as Kerastase.  I like their shu uemura Ashita Supreme Purifying Sea Salt Scalp Scrub 11.4 oz/ 325 g and shu uemura Ultimate Reset Hair Mask for Very Damaged Hair 6 oz/ 200 mL .

Oribe Shampoo for Brilliance & Shine 8.5 oz/ 250 mL and Oribe Conditioner for Brilliance & Shine 6.8 oz/ 200 mL is my favorite shampoo/conditioner duo.  Of course everyone has different opinions of individual products, but I have heard only good things about this brand in general.

Other favorite masks besides the Shu Uemura one include  amika Soulfood Nourishing Hair Mask and Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair!™ Deep Conditioning Hair Mask .

I have liked everything I have tried from Amika, but Briogeo products, other than the mask, have not worked for me.

These are just some general observations, but I think that these brands are all good places to start.  Good luck!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing