Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Hair advice for someone that has no clue lol

I’ve started to realize that I have more wavy hair than straight. It always tries kind of wavy/not straight and very frizzy. Im not the best with hair care and keep it simple. Just wash, conditioner, leave in conditioner, sometimes an oil, and let it air dry. I don’t ever style it. Just leave it how it dries or in a bun. But I would like to start to try and bring my true hair texture out. Any products or what I should I do?

Re: Hair advice for someone that has no clue lol

@KendraL98 I don't know if you have this problem too, but my hair is not uniformly wavy, so I find that no matter what products I use, I need to use a curling iron to touch up certain areas; otherwise, my hair can look too undone/messy (and not in a good way) when I try to enhance the wave.

Hi, @KendraL98 !  Your hair sounds similar to mine.  I have fine, thin, wavy, curly hair that I air dry and use minimal styling products (just enough to bring out the wave/curl and help with the frizz).  I also have a dry itchy scalp.

The bottom line is you want to look for moisturizing shampoos and conditioners (as opposed to hydrating; two different things).  Once a week or every other week, use a detox shampoo/scalp scrub and hair mask/deep conditioner.

Here are products I use:

Verb Ghost Weightless Shampoo 

Verb Ghost Weightless Conditioner 

Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil 

Bumble and bumble Curl Anti-Humidity Gel Oil 5.0 oz/ 150 mL 

Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL 

Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind™ Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask 8.0 oz/ 240 mL 

adwoa beauty Baomint™ Moisturizing Shampoo 

adwoa beauty Melonberry Hair Milk Leave-In Conditioner 6.8 oz / 200 mL 

Don't worry about your hair's porosity or any of that.  I have no idea what mine is.  I don't care.  I found products that work for me.  I continually try new products because it's fun.  That works better than the  "one size fits all" way of thinking.

Look for sample sets such as amika Mini Hydro Rush Shampoo & Conditioner Set and dae Monsoon Moisture Shampoo, Conditioner & Mask Hair Set where you can try smaller sizes first.  Especially now during the sale.  Also go to your local Sephora or Sephora inside Kohl's for samples.

If you do decide to blow dry your hair, a diffuser is a must.  That's another story!

First I would find out your hair's porosity, and then find products that match (creams, gel, mousse, etc.)! I would also recommend diffusing if you don't mind using heat on your hair 🙂 

You can also look on Reddit and tiktok and find people who have the same hair texture as you! That helped me a lot with product recommendations and how to manage my curls 🥰 @KendraL98 

My hair is more wavy than straight, I've started to notice. It consistently attempts to be quite frizzy, somewhat wavy, and not straight. I keep things basic because I'm not the best at hair maintenance. Just wash, condition, let sit, and occasionally add an oil before allowing it to air dry.

I would use a very strong clarifying shampoo (it cannot have oily products in your hair) and then using the following from Innersense. 

pure harmony shampoo, pure inspiration conditioner, lift Volumizing foam and I create hold gel. Lots of YouTube and TikTok videos on the brand. 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing