Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Hair Washing

If you have a dry or oily scalp, try to avoid washing your hair every day. Using dry shampoo cleans and removes oils from your scalp. A dry shampoo I really recommend is the living proof dry shampoo! Also, to rehydrate your ends, you can use the gisou hair oil Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD) Advanced Clean Dry Shampoo    Gisou Honey Infused Hair Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

Re: Hair Washing

@cass1301 I enjoy both products. I used them strategicly. I usually will change my hair styles from down to up as my hair gets dirty. I will use the dry shampoo on my last day of wearing it down. I use the oil on my scalp before washing 😊

@Mellmars1185  I use both as well.  Dry shampoo for my bangs mostly cause my face oils are always making them look greasy.  And I spray my ends with leave in conditioner before oiling them.  

@cass1301  Just remember dry shampoo uses alcohols and starches to absorb oils on your scalp.  Those dry and build up on your hair with each use preventing moisturizing products from reaching the hair cuticle and promoting an environment for fungi.  And layering dry shampoo over several days clogs hair follicules and can make your scalp itchy and dry exasperating oil production.  
Dry shampoo does not ‘clean’ your hair.  It absorbs oils and mattifies the hair with a starchy coating that makes your hair LOOK and smell cleaner so you can extend time between washes or quickly fix a product overload error when in a hurry.  That coating is why your hair looks fuller when using dry shampoo.  

Oil seals in moisture that’s already there but cannot hydrate hair. It’s not a humectant.  Water based products are moisturizing.  Oil is more of a shine inducing cuticle barrier.  Placing oil on dry hair actually prevents moisture from reaching the cuticle.  Placing oil on damp or wet hair seals moisture into the hair cuticle.  
Using solely dry shampoo and oil will look good initially but over time your hair will become dry and brittle from the lack of moisture reaching the hair cuticle.  when using either of these products it is highly recommended to do a clarifying treatment once a week to remove all the build up to allow water to access the hair again.  

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing