cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

HELP! I HAVE OILY HAIR!

Hey Sephora Community!

So I have always had a hard time finding the perfect shampoo and conditioner for my hair. I will wash my hair one day and the next day it is semi-oily and by day 2 I HAVE to wash it again because my hair looks oily/wet like. 

I currently am using the Redkin All Soft Shampoo & Conditioner. I like it but I don't love it. I don't put anything else in my hair after I wash it or anything. I let it air-dry after every wash unless I have an event to go to where I will blow it out with the Dyson Air Wrap.

My main question is, does anyone have any recommendations for shampoo or conditioner for hair that tends to get oily quick? Or, is there any products that exist to prevent oily hair? 

I appreciate any advice/comments! 😁

-Brenda

Re: HELP! I HAVE OILY HAIR!

Hi! I would recommend washing your hair twice with shampoo per shower: the first wash with clarifying shampoo to cleanse the oils and product buildup, and the second with your fav shampoo, which will allow your hair to absorb the second shampoo better since its clean! This prevents oils from building up faster, and allows more time between washes. I use this method and my super oily hair has def gotten better!

@brenfhall hi Brenda, and welcome to BIC!! if your hair/scalp are this oily, maybe you should see a trichologist (dermatologist for hair) because I don't know, maybe is something to do with hormones, diet. It's weird that your hair will become so oily after just one day. Of course, you feel the need to keep washing it but, maybe over washing it is the issue. I highly suggest you to ask for a consultation!!

Hi! Never thought about seeing my dermatologist for my hair! I’ll look into it. Thanks!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing