Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Growth, growth, growth pleeeaasee

I have searched the internet relentlessly, but I have curly hair and I am trying to grow it out to my waist. I know it sounds crazy to some people but I really desire long hair. My hair is mid back now and the top is kind of fluffy and straighter but in the middle to the ends are spirals. Does anyone know hacks or have any favorite hair masks that helped them achieve growth ?

RE: Growth, growth, growth pleeeaasee

Hair skin and nails from Nature’s bounty has helped me the most with hair growth. It has biotin and a bunch of other vitamins and nutrients to keep your skin and nails healthy as well. Also I invested in a shower filter, I got mine at Home Depot for $20 from the brand Sprite. Honestly the amount of pollution and chlorine, copper etc is just disgusting and not good for your skin or hair or anything for that matter. After using the filter, my hair was more soft shiny and more manageable. After changing the filter the first time I was in awe of what was inside. I believe the filtered water also helped with my hair growth and my skin. It’s worth it to give it a shot.

Re: Growth, growth, growth pleeeaasee

@Anjilena Not to get too technical but our hair has different growth cycles. Anagen (active phase), Catagen(transitional phase) and Telogen (resting phase). Our hair is never all in sync and all in the same cycle which is why when we shed hair for instance, we don't go bald..we only shed some hair as this is the telogen phase. Some people find that their hair just cannot grow past a certain length - this is not in their heads (no pun intended) it's a reality and no castor oil or magic gummy will change this. Some of us have a shorter Anagen phase then others (active phase). On average we are in this phase anywhere from 2-6 years some people are an exception of course and can stay there longer or shorter. Products such as the one mentioned in this thread that starts with a V that I do not reccomend, messes up your growth cycles internally and as a hair stylist and just a person..that is scary. There are alternatives such as clip in extentions or tape in extentions that look fabulously natural. 

Hope this wasnt confusing. 

Not confusing at all, like I have said I've learned all about the science behind hair growth.... I also have heard of "terminal length" I hope that my organic vitamins and hair masks will assist my growth goals, anyways thanks for the help .

GG84 wrote:

@Anjilena Not to get too technical but our hair has different growth cycles. Anagen (active phase), Catagen(transitional phase) and Telogen (resting phase). Our hair is never all in sync and all in the same cycle which is why when we shed hair for instance, we don't go bald..we only shed some hair as this is the telogen phase. Some people find that their hair just cannot grow past a certain length - this is not in their heads (no pun intended) it's a reality and no castor oil or magic gummy will change this. Some of us have a shorter Anagen phase then others (active phase). On average we are in this phase anywhere from 2-6 years some people are an exception of course and can stay there longer or shorter. Products such as the one mentioned in

GG84 wrote:

@Anjilena Not to get too technical but our hair has different growth cycles. Anagen (active phase), Catagen(transitional phase) and Telogen (resting phase). Our hair is never all in sync and all in the same cycle which is why when we shed hair for instance, we don't go bald..we only shed some hair as this is the telogen phase. Some people find that their hair just cannot grow past a certain length - this is not in their heads (no pun intended) it's a reality and no castor oil or magic gummy will change this. Some of us have a shorter Anagen phase then others (active phase). On average we are in this phase anywhere from 2-6 years some people are an exception of course and can stay there longer or shorter. Products such as the one mentioned in this thread that starts with a V that I do not reccomend, messes up your growth cycles internally and as a hair stylist and just a person..that is scary. There are alternatives such as clip in extentions or tape in extentions that look fabulously natural. 

GG84 wrote:

this thread that starts with a V that I do not reccomend, messes up your growth cycles internally and as a hair stylist and just a person..that is scary. There are alternatives such as clip in extentions or tape in extentions that look fabulously natural. 

@Anjilena i'm currently trying to grow my curls longer as well.  what i've learned with my hair - and it seems to be a curly trend - is that the longer your hair is, the straighter it is at the top.  the more length and weight the more it pulls down your curls.  

Anonymous Insider

Research Castor oil for hair growth. 

There are some good ones on Amazon, it even helps with eyelash growth.

@Anjilena, I would make sure you're taking a good mutli-vitamin, and a supplement with Biotin in it.  The Hum supplement @gonerogue mentions is a good supplement for Biotin.  Another good one is Viviscal Professional Strength.  You can't buy it a Sephora, but you can buy it at LovelySkin dot com (if you do, wait for a sale, they have them often.)

@Anjilena My hair is currently at my waist! When I was growing my hair out, my biggest concern was reducing breakage. I tried vitamins (i.e. biotin and hair growth supplements) for a year and they did nothing for me, unfortunately, although you may have better luck!

Taking good care of your ends (where hair is oldest and most delicate) can be done by reducing/eliminating heat (curling irons, straighteners, etc.), using gentler, sulfate-free shampoos and using regular masks (I like Pureology's hydrate line). The Moroccanoil hair masks and hair oil are some of my faves. I also use a heat and UV protectant. So far these things have worked well for me. I have my hair highlighted twice a year and only get trims once a year (if I absolutely need to) and I rarely ever see a split end! 🙂

Other than that, drink lots of water, eat healthy and get plenty of exercise! Your hair will thank you for it.

https://www.sephora.com/product/res-torative-hair-mask-P427311?skuId=2030393&icid2=products%20grid:p...

https://www.sephora.com/product/intense-hydrating-mask-P412097?skuId=1999622&icid2=products%20grid:p...

https://www.sephora.com/product/moroccanoil-treatment-P412090?skuId=1869478&icid2=products%20grid:p4...

Hi there @Anjilena,

I have pretty long hair and have found success in taking biotin on a daily basis to help with hair growth. I take HUM supplements called Hair Sweet Hair-these can be bought online directly from their website or from Sephora or Nordstrom. I'll go ahead and link it down below for you for easier access. I also do a hair treatment once a week and a hair mask once a week to help keep my hair nice and healthy! Good luck 🙂

https://www.sephora.com/product/hair-sweet-hair-P415922?skuId=1889336&icid2=products%20grid:p415922

RE: Re: Growth, growth, growth pleeeaasee

What hair treatment and hair masks do you do/use? 🙂

Wanted to chime in and say I agree - I really like the Hum ones. I tried the sugar bear ones this month instead and I hated them

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing