Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Growing hair out!

Hi! I was wondering if anyone has used “Living Proof overnight cap” Ive been looking at reviews, so far so good. But if anyone has used it please let me know! I’ve been trying to grow my hair out but a lot of my hair falls out mostly in the shower. I’ve been taking biotin vitamins too, if anyone has used anything else that has helped tremendously please let me know!!! ❤️ 

Re: Growing hair out!

The thing with biotin is that if you get enough in your diet, which most people do, your body cannot use or store any extra. There can be a lot of reasons for hair falling out (hypothyroidism, birth control, other medications, etc) but kelp, magnesium, and zinc supplements can help. My hair falls out less and my nails are much stronger when I remember to make my magnesium and zinc supplements but biotin never made any difference. Also I have found that people that use haircare with silicones tend to only ever like products with silicones and Living Proof is silicone free. If you use their line already and like it I really recommend the overnight treatment, but if you are used to the feeling and appearance of silicone based haircare you probably won't. Since I switched to using Briogeo and Living Proof (both -cone free) I have gotten almost zero split ends and my hair doesn't fall out as much, but it also isn't shiny in the way silicones made it.

RE: Re: Growing hair out!

Making note of magnesium and zinc- thank you!

I have tried it, and I did not like it very much at all! I didn't feel like it was very hydrating.

i've been growing out a pixie cut for a little over a year, and I have thick hair so I tend to lose a lot in the shower too.

i really like the rahua line,  and they make a great hair mask. Briogeo has a good repair line, and an excellent hair mask and leave in treatment. I use the devacurl low poo when I wash my hair every few days, but most of the time I just rinse,  and apply conditioner unless I need to shampoo.  My hair is extremely healthy now, and I feel like it's been growing faster too!

I have it and like it. Makes my hair soft and manageable without weighing it down and I have fine hair.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing