Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Greasy Straight Hair

I have to wash my hair every night (I workout almost every day) but it gets greasy within one day. My hair is dark and pin-straight, so very noticeable when greasy. I've tried dry shampoo like Batiste and Dove and nothing seems to work, even with the dry shampoo it stays greasy. Is there a hair treatment, special shampoo or conditioner, or another dry shampoo I should be trying? Does sleeping with your hair in a low ponytail make the top more greasy?

Re: Greasy Straight Hair

Oribe Serene Scalp Anti-Dandruff Shampoo! My hair was so greasy and itchy everyday and this is a game changer. it allows me to wash my hair once a week without being greasy

Sometimes it's not what we use but how we use it @Mase9 

1) washing hair in hot or to warm water can make it greasy. When you wash use luke warm water on your scalp.  The heat can trigger your scalp to secret more oil. 

2) when you shampoo make sure you thoroughly wet your hair *lukewarm water* before shampoo hits your head. When your shampoo is on, gently but thoroughly scrub your scalp. Getting behind your ears and back of your neck and spending a few minutes gently massaging your entire scalp, don't rush.   RINSE WELL with luke warm water. 

3) if you use conditioner, do not use it on hair above your ears, and try less conditioner, just ease back a little and see if it helps. And DON'T condition the hair above your ears.  RINSE WELL with luke warm water

4) if you use products like hair serums or oils,  try using less and not using them on the hair above your ears. You can always go back to using more, but experiment with less and see if it helps

I don't know what you currently use on your hair so I can't make suggestions but doing this can help.  Cooler water, get hair very wet than scrub gently with shampoo and really rinse well for longer , rinse well after conditioning and keep it below your ears. 

This is great! I don't use any things like oils after washing, so I will try these tips! 

Do you recommend "training" my hair? And what is the best way to do so?

Thanks again!!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing