Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Gray hair in late 20's

Hi, i had one or two gray hair at first but I plucked them which lead to lot more gray hair now. I also did a hair color back that time but not on the roots. Please suggest what should i do as they gray hair are more on the front than anywhere. I really don't wana touch my roots for coloring..

Balayage highlights? That plus some kind of rinse/color-d...

Balayage highlights? That plus some kind of rinse/color-depositing shampoo could make them look like highlights without coloring your roots...

another idea is at the drugstore there is a brand and I c...

another idea is at the drugstore there is a brand and I can't remember if it is Clairol or another one but it is just a daily root touch up spray. You can pick one that matches your hair color and they say that it will blend and you just spray it on your roots where they show and it will wash out when you wash your hair if you only want to do your roots for a day or two at a time.

Re: Gray hair in late 20's

I'm in a similar place. Late 20s, with a fair amount of white hair at my temples. I don't have any suggestions for products, but how noticeable my white hair is depends a lot on how I part my hair and how I style it. When it's down, the white hair really isn't very visible at all. If I pull my hair straight back from my face, it's much more visible. If you'd rather people didn't notice it, I'd suggest playing with some styles and finding the ones that don't emphasize the greying areas. For example, these are both my hair today, but the first is pulled straight back from the temples, and the other is with my hair loose. 

IMG_20171210_150342.jpgIMG_20171210_150144.jpg

have you tried using John Frieda Brilliant Brunette light...

have you tried using John Frieda Brilliant Brunette lightening shampoo and conditioner? I have colored hair and even on the gray hair my first one that I thought recently, with other reviews I've read also, the lightning will brighten your highlights and brighten colored hair a little bit but it will turn Grey's to blonde. Hope that helps call my Desiree

@HiraWarraich Everyone has a pre-determined amount of mel...

@HiraWarraich Everyone has a pre-determined amount of melanin within our hair follices. As the Melanin *runs out* the hair colour appears more translucent/grey. There is nothing we can do to stop this from happening. If you do not wish to colour your hair as frequently, I would suggest lightening your hair to a blobde so it would blend and not be as noriceable!

RE: @HiraWarraich Everyone has a pre-determined amount of mel...

I’m so glad you’re here @GG84, I love reading what you have to say, especially about Hair Care since you’re legit ❤️

RE: Gray hair in late 20's

I think the whole plucking one out causing more to grow is a myth. I’ve had grey hair since my teens. For me, it’s genetic—my mom had it too when she was my age. Been plucking gray hairs here and there and I’ve never seen more than one grow in its place. My hair is jet black so when a hair lacks pigment it is really obvious, but I really don’t mind. In your case it’s probably just aging and besides ensuring you eat a well balanced diet to provide your body everything it needs to keep hair healthy, there’s probably not much you can do if you do not want to colour. I am 29 and even though I eat pretty healthy there is really nothing that can reverse it.
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos2
  • IMG_20171210_150342.jpg
  • IMG_20171210_150144.jpg
testing