Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Best Hair Ever

Getting no-heat curls to last

My daughter likes to curl her hair by putting it in a bun while just slightly damp and then sleeping in it. It looks beautiful in the morning, BUT she has very long, thick hair, and they don't last the day. We tried an inexpensive mousse, and it didn't help. Is there a product that works really well specifically on no-heat curls, and that won't make her hair feel gross? I'm particularly looking for something to put in it before curling it, but would also welcome suggestions for the best hairsprays, etc to put on once the bun has come out, too. It may be that we need a combo of both. Smiley Happy

Re: Getting no-heat curls to last

Oh man, we bought them YEARS ago, and I can't remember the name. I think it might've even been hand made, not something mass produced. I will see if I can find out, but in the meantime, a really similar product is the Whirl A Style. It's made from rubber and it's pretty stiff, so it might not be as comfortable to sleep in. (My daughter's are fabric, but they have a bendable wire edging sewn inside to give it form.) But the concept of using both is the same - you pull the hair through the center and then roll up.

Ooh, I found them!  I really didn't think I would, but I remembered posting something about them elsewhere a long time ago, and I was able to track that post down.  Here they are:

http://www.ezbun.com/index.html 

My daughter is a dance, and she could NEVER use one of these for a performance bun (or even a class bun, depending on how strict the teacher is), but they are perfect for sleeping in b/c they don't pull on the hairs and are just generally very comfortable.  She's slept in a variety of other things to curl her hair, and this is by far the easiest to put in and the comfiest to sleep in.  

We use a rolled up sock with the end cut off for my niece. She is in dance and cheer and it holds up better than any of the bun forms. It also seemed to curl her hair better as well. Like lylysa we put a gel lotion in her hair when it was damp.

Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 22 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos3
  • swfupload_2665855454119891370.jpg
  • swfupload_1584823009068331555.jpg
  • swfupload_2415008628277340780.jpg