Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

DRY APPLICATIONS WORK! DIRTY RESIDUED HAIR CAN BE C-L-E-A-N-E-D WITH NOURISHING MASKS, LIKE GISOU. Here are the reasons.

This will repair, nourish, and yes, help cleanse by releasing & melting dirt so when you rinse in the shower it all comes out quickly, you won't need much rinsing like you think. Yours would too. Here's what I do. I know the difference between clean and dirty.

Get disposable cheap shower caps to wear under your Sephora one. It will keep it insulated is there will be more heat too, so more vapor and that is more moisture. It is holding everything in like silicone, but we want that.Get disposable cheap shower caps to wear under your Sephora one. It will keep it insulated is there will be more heat too, so more vapor and that is more moisture. It is holding everything in like silicone, but we want that.

This is my second one. I enjoy it, and I also infuse it with some honey drops to make it extra nutritive and enjoyable. Some out there will say never do this on dirty hair. Nurtrients won't get to the scalp. In a closed system (the plastic and the other Dry Bar cap) and with it marinading my hair overnight, it will clean it by loosening the dirt. And it will be nourished. Don't believe everything you read. There are basic freedoms. I go by results.This is my second one. I enjoy it, and I also infuse it with some honey drops to make it extra nutritive and enjoyable. Some out there will say never do this on dirty hair. Nurtrients won't get to the scalp. In a closed system (the plastic and the other Dry Bar cap) and with it marinading my hair overnight, it will clean it by loosening the dirt. And it will be nourished. Don't believe everything you read. There are basic freedoms. I go by results.

Dry applications are sound. The ingredients in the Gisou will melt and soften the products in my hair that cause the cake I hate, and dirt, particulate matter, free radicals (no, I don't SPF my hair), product residue, and all types of debris.

Look at the fat! It also has anti-oxidants and protien to help your hair. I know it is not directions to use overnight. But why waste the product when it will have a 4x affect when it can "distill" into the hair through time and body heat? Just science. This has always worked for me. Please do what you feel is comfortable.Look at the fat! It also has anti-oxidants and protien to help your hair. I know it is not directions to use overnight. But why waste the product when it will have a 4x affect when it can "distill" into the hair through time and body heat? Just science. This has always worked for me. Please do what you feel is comfortable.

I use about four tablespoons, heaping and I add 2 vials of the honey oil. Then I work it into my hair.

Scalp massager works all that in, and my hands too. I take my time, I get blood flowing to the region.You hair should not be white with product, your hair will "drink it up" and happily absorb it..Scalp massager works all that in, and my hands too. I take my time, I get blood flowing to the region.You hair should not be white with product, your hair will "drink it up" and happily absorb it..

See below how it looks fatty n' waxy; that is what you want.

You can see the hair get coated but here is where this Sephora Scalp Massager really works to get any tassles or knots out of your mask. And it is a  time to massage the oils into your scalp! Get the blood (that carries water and goodies to it!) to go there through applying pressure and motion (massage). WIN WIN. I use them for this purpose, and my fingers for shampoos and conditioning. It is excellent for a spa touch and has real value in this process, too.You can see the hair get coated but here is where this Sephora Scalp Massager really works to get any tassles or knots out of your mask. And it is a time to massage the oils into your scalp! Get the blood (that carries water and goodies to it!) to go there through applying pressure and motion (massage). WIN WIN. I use them for this purpose, and my fingers for shampoos and conditioning. It is excellent for a spa touch and has real value in this process, too.

I do mine overnight applied dry. Remember water dilutes ingredients, is unstable, thusly you reduce the potency of the mask. Without oxygen, the product will remain alive to do its job because it won't evaporate as readily. Also, you get the most money and value out of doing intensives, instead of diluting the mask in the shower when it supposed to work after 5-7 minutes. It does, but think how much more the longer it's on. It makes the steep price worth it to me because they are my overnight intensives.

I do them 3-4 a month. Don't add water we want the good stuff as concentrated as possible to go into our hair. I add some a little watery moisture in the next step. But it also is a sealant. For the hair it helps penetrate.

Fats change consistency of other fats to our benefit. As in impurities separate, melt, and/or dissolve due to ingredients, cap acting as a physical sealant and your own body heat combined. Plus the viscosity of the mask will yield a greater pulling force so the dirt will start to break away. It's physics and chemistry. (Don't ask me.)

Your head heat body heat over extended time and it will pack a wallop. This information is good. Your pores up there cause a slight vaporization or condensation but the swampy-ness is optimal to draw the good stuff out of the mask and into our hair.

The mask adds to the ingredients' with an ability to distill into the follicle/hair/our ends and all get dreged in fat they love, hair and oil, I love oil, I would put it all the time.Overnight intense masks like this are so moisturizing and nourishing.

Off-label I do a few sprays of the thermal spray. It's not for adding more scent, but as a thermal spray it is another barrier to utililze! It creates a secondary barrier over your hair and thier follicles, and is damage control. If it protect it from heat, it could neautralize any oxidative stress and I personally think it helps repair thermal damage. The mask should, and the drops help, but I add this to make sure. I use it for thermal styling but second I purchase it for these hair masks.Off-label I do a few sprays of the thermal spray. It's not for adding more scent, but as a thermal spray it is another barrier to utililze! It creates a secondary barrier over your hair and thier follicles, and is damage control. If it protect it from heat, it could neautralize any oxidative stress and I personally think it helps repair thermal damage. The mask should, and the drops help, but I add this to make sure. I use it for thermal styling but second I purchase it for these hair masks.

I add about 6 pumps and kinda work it in after I put the disposable one on, I'll place my hands on my head/disp. shower cap and massage the hair through the plastic. I integrate all of it!

These are cheap, they work, they insulate. Try it!These are cheap, they work, they insulate. Try it!

It will be a great morning.

Last you put on your cap and forget about your hair while it's being tended to like a BOSS in your shower cap that will not even get dirty!Last you put on your cap and forget about your hair while it's being tended to like a BOSS in your shower cap that will not even get dirty!

These are inexpensive and so useful. They lock in everything and keep your nice shower cap very clean.

It doesn't even need to enter the shower. I take the top cap off and done. I never have had to really wash or launder them.

When I RINSE ONLY I will have already lifted out or melted the dirt and groady product so it will just rinse off. Rinsing takes a third of the time because it comes off so fast. It will not be sudsy. I don't shampoo, and I don't condition after an intensive mask. Before, once out of the shower, I have used a sample dry shampoo on damp hair, add a little more as it dries, and then a little leave-in conditioner. (I use mostly Sephora leave-ins, I love amika Vault Leave-In Conditioner for Color-Treated Hair or Drybar Liquid Glass Miracle Smoothing Sealant 6.4 oz/ 188 mL## but I also love love love "It's a 10: Miracle Leave-in Plus Keratin.

NOTE/UPDATE RE: TODAY: This time it came out of the shower great, so just a light thermal spray -- not even a leave-in and didn't need dry shampooing. I think I have increased the amount of mask and honey oil so therefore it already pre-conditions. This is a revelation I just had, OMG.  

After Amika, or I need to ROTATE it is great. Does a fine job when called for duty.After Amika, or I need to ROTATE it is great. Does a fine job when called for duty.

My hair is FLOSSIN'! And the smell lingers longer after all this and it's easy.

If you have Gisou perfume, use a little after.

Don't over rinse. A mask pulls out impurities, and it was all night. It also instilled (put in) goodness so don't strip those good emollients, your natural sebum, vitamins, and protein from your hair. It does get stripped by a lot of shampoos.

I don't recommend shampooing. The hair gets clean through the night. You will realize this if you follow my method.

Our hair is our crown.

🛀🛀V21988🛀🛀

UPDATE: FIVE HOURS LATER MY HAIR IS DAMP SO IN THE AM IT IS ALMOST DRY, EXPECT IT TO BE. AGAIN, PROOF IT GOT ABSORBED. AND QUITE A BIT! SCORE!

Nicely sculpted tonight. Yessss...

Re: DRY APPLICATIONS WORK! DIRTY RESIDUED HAIR CAN BE C-L-E-A-N-E-D WITH NOURISHING MASKS, LIKE GISOU. Here are the reasons.

RESULTS 1/23 10:45 AM PDT

Results: clean but not stripped hair, healthy glow, looks moist but not greasy (nice), everything as expected. Just used Gisou Propolis Infused Heat Protecting Spray 6.7 oz/ 200 mL before the blow-dry. No hairspray today or anything besides. So radiant and I got volume without volume spray because crud wasn't weighting it down too on top of it being flat as tin foil. Blow drying helps but this is a good day for volume and luminosity. It will stay like this until I shower next.

Speaking of which, next shower I shampoo and in shower condition. It was not necessary today after that overnight intensive mask.  The body I gained on my scalp is great, which means my locks are not weighted down by crud (or other product from today, it needs a break after "eating").

The rinse was fast as I expected, and my hair is actually super nice today. FOR ONCE.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Blast: Infrared Hair Dryergoes perfect with a T3 blow out brush, they literally match in color so it's pleasing to my eye, not kidding they have the same gradient of pink, and I dig it. I would give the dryer 5 stars. I didn't think I ever would. But for what it costs, is, and does, I do give it 5. And I have had Dysons and all types of cool blowers. My Dyson died after 5 years but I don't care.

The T3 brushes absorb so much heat, it helps so my hair doesn't take in that heat.

T3 and Sephora Dryer, only 1 product - Gisou Thermal Spray, 2 squirtsT3 and Sephora Dryer, only 1 product - Gisou Thermal Spray, 2 squirts

Look at that body on my scalp, it's not limp. I have more volume and hair not weighed down, it is clean!Look at that body on my scalp, it's not limp. I have more volume and hair not weighed down, it is clean!

In the light it glows and radiates health. I like moist not grease. It came out perfect. No hairspray today or any product. At night maybe an oil on the ends, just because. (I love it.)In the light it glows and radiates health. I like moist not grease. It came out perfect. No hairspray today or any product. At night maybe an oil on the ends, just because. (I love it.)

Also, who cares if you don't have all the "ingredients," maybe it gives you your own idea for mixing your own dry overnight intensive.

I read about a lady's mask (applied her hair masks dirty n' dry - that is where I got the idea!). A tip out of Vogue magazine from an eccentric dans le monde. Reading that interview got my wheels turning.

My hair looks and handles so much better and it's glowing. So clean, fragrant, healthy. I love it!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 1 Contributors
Photos12
  • Look at the fat! It also has anti-oxidants and protien to help your hair. I know it is not directions to use overnight. But why waste the product when it will have a 4x affect when it can "distill" into the hair through time and body heat? Just science. This has always worked for me. Please do what you feel is comfortable.
  • This is my second one. I enjoy it, and I also infuse it with some honey drops to make it extra nutritive and enjoyable. Some out there will say never do this on dirty hair. Nurtrients won't get to the scalp. In a closed system (the plastic and the other Dry Bar cap) and with it marinading my hair overnight, it will clean it by loosening the dirt. And it will be nourished. Don't believe everything you read. There are basic freedoms. I go by results.
  • Get disposable cheap shower caps to wear under your Sephora one. It will keep it insulated is there will be more heat too, so more vapor and that is more moisture. It is holding everything in like silicone, but we want that.
  • You can see the hair get coated but here is where this Sephora Scalp Massager really works to get any tassles or knots out of your mask. And it is a  time to massage the oils into your scalp! Get the blood (that carries water and goodies to it!) to go there through applying pressure and motion (massage). WIN WIN. I use them for this purpose, and my fingers for shampoos and conditioning. It is excellent for a spa touch and has real value in this process, too.
  • Off-label I do a few sprays of the thermal spray. It's not for adding more scent, but as a thermal spray it is another barrier to utililze! It creates a secondary barrier over your hair and thier follicles, and is damage control. If it protect it from heat, it could neautralize any oxidative stress and I personally think it helps repair thermal damage. The mask should, and the drops help, but I add this to make sure. I use it for thermal styling but second I purchase it for these hair masks.
  • These are cheap, they work, they insulate. Try it!
  • Last you put on your cap and forget about your hair while it's being tended to like a BOSS in your shower cap that will not even get dirty!
  • Scalp massager works all that in, and my hands too. I take my time, I get blood flowing to the region.You hair should not be white with product, your hair will "drink it up" and happily absorb it..
  • After Amika, or I need to ROTATE it is great. Does a fine job when called for duty.
  • T3 and Sephora Dryer, only 1 product - Gisou Thermal Spray, 2 squirts
  • Look at that body on my scalp, it's not limp. I have more volume and hair not weighed down, it is clean!
  • In the light it glows and radiates health. I like moist not grease. It came out perfect. No hairspray today or any product. At night maybe an oil on the ends, just because. (I love it.)
testing