Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

GHD Classic 1 Inch Flat Iron

I have the GHD Classic 1 Inch (bought from Sephora in 2015), and was wondering why it doesn't glide smoothly thru my hair. i clean it with rubbing alcohol and it still doesn't. i apply heat protectant and always brush out my hair. is there a reason for it being like this?

i don't remember it being like this when i first bought it. and i don't think taking it to a sephora store, they will do anything about it.  my MIL has the exact same one and i've used hers and it glides ever so smoothly.

any one else have this issue? or could it because I use it so often? but even if/when I clean it, shouldn't it still glide smooth through my hair?

would love some help with this!

Re: GHD Classic 1 Inch Flat Iron

@LillieLR 

GHD doesn’t recommend cleaning your iron with alcohol. Alcohol will take off the finish of the plate. You are supposed to use a slightly damp wash cloth. Unfortunately you have ruined the plates. 

Re: GHD Classic 1 Inch Flat Iron

i actually had no idea how to clean them and nobody ever told me otherwise including from sephora when purchased. but it still works and straightens my hair...so its alright...once it dies on me will get a new one and will know for future.

thanks.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing