Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Frizzy curly hair

I was reaching out to ask if any of you with frizzy curly hair have tried olaplex  no.3 and how well it work for you. 

Re: Frizzy curly hair

@Jacoby12geemix  I have coily hair that's quite frizzy in the high porosity section of my head. I use Olaplex No. 3 once or twice a month and it definitely helps reduce my frizz. It also snaps my coils back if they've lost their shape. I leave it on my hair for 10 minutes, then wash it out with my usual shampoo (a Redken shampoo) and follow with one of my usual conditioners. 

Note that Olaplex No. 3 is not a protein treatment. It treats hair differently than a protein treatment does. It's also not a conditioner, so don't expect it to do the job of one. And it must be washed out; it's not a leave-in product. No. 3 is the only Olaplex product I use on a regular basis and it's a staple in my haircare routine. 

Olaplex is for bonding which means it’s protein based. Protein is the opposite of moisture, which is what our frizzy curly hair desperately needs! After I noticed it caused crazy hair loss, I was told it’s really only supposed to be used once a month. People with bleached or straight hair may have a different experience. If you’re going to keep using it, make sure you’re doing plenty of hydrating masks and deep conditioning treatments!!

It works realllly well with my hair. I have bleached 2b-3a hair and it’s an essential product for my wash days to repair all the coloring/heat tool damage. Highly recommended for damaged/frizzy hair

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing