Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Flaky Scalp

What are everyone's favorite products for itchy/flaky but oily scalp? Shampoos, masks, dry shampoos, anything! I've never had issues with flakes and itchiness until the past 2-3 years. 😭😑

Re: Flaky Scalp

@brookpluse,

One of my favorite scalp treatments is the IGK Low Key Cleansing Walnut Scalp Scrub. I noticed that my blowout lasts longer and it prevents from it getting greasy too fast.

https://www.sephora.com/product/low-key-cleansing-walnut-scalp-scrub-P421942?skuId=1892710&icid2=pro...

❤️ Melissa

I'm really loving Briogeo's charcoal microexfoliating shampoo with coconut oil. I only use it on my scalp probably 1-2x a week and it really gets rid of flakes and buildup. My scalp is left feeling refreshed and clean.

Sachajuan Scalp Shampoo has helped me out a lot with my dandruff. I also use Alterna

Caviar Exfoliating Scalp Facial every other week to help get rid of any buildup.

Earth's Nectar jojoba tea tree scalp oil, which I ordered from Sephora, has helped my scalp a lot. I massage it on my scalp a couple nights a week and wash it out the next morning.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Flaky Scalp

Hey, quick question, are you using conditioner on your scalp? Because that could lead to flakiness, shampoo your scalp and condition the ends (since they don't get natural oils). I also find that mixing or switching products might help since after a while your body can get used to one consistent product (which has its pluses[decreased sensitivity] and minuses[oiliness, dryness, etc...] that are different for every person.

RE: Flaky Scalp

Hi! Thanks for your tips! Nope, I avoid my scalp when conditioning - and I’ve heard switching helps some people, but that seems to cause more trouble for me. My flakes seem to come from redness/irritation on my scalp, like a rash that pops up now and then. I’ve found a few things help a little but I’m still searching perfect thing that instantly makes my scalp feel better in a pinch.
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing