Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Embrace the Gray?

Help, I am trying to embrace the gray. I had all color cut off and hair is short but I am letting it regrow.  However, the texture of all gray is so course and in Florida turns to fuzz and frizz.  I usually use all Living Proof  products but now nothing seems to smooth my hair. I have tried B & B "no blow dry" products and LP cream styler when I blow dry.  I'm wishing there was a product like the old gels that you could put in your hair and finger blow dry. Does anyone have suggestions?

Re: Embrace the Gray?

I would highly recommend the softening and smoothing mask by Rossano Ferretti. I have hair down to my bottom and a lot of it is white/grey, which as you say is generally a different texture than what came before it. The mask is quite expensive but you can buy a smaller size to test which is under 20 bucks. I have found this product to live up to its claims, which few do, and hope to goodness it is never discontinued. I use it every time I wash my hair (most days), but you dont need much at all so it lasts me for a couple of months. Im almost 52 and have had strangers come up and comment on my "wonderful" hair, and I swear it is because of this product. Give it a go, you wont regret it!

Rossano Ferretti Parma Intenso Smoothing Mask for Thick Hair 8.45 oz 

Yes @katyperk try out IGK Good Behavior 4-in-1 Prep Spray 7 oz . It’s exactly what you are asking for. It will soften the hair, defrizz, provide humidity resistance and heat protection if you use a blow dryer. 

@katyperk - I suggest looking for a "silver" shampoo, like Matrix So Silver (available at Ulta).  You could also try a purple shampoo, like amika Bust Your Brass Blonde Purple Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL .

I love the VERB ghost oil. It really smooths and moistures my hair, I can even put it on my roots and it won’t make my hair look greasy or oily. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing