Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Dyson hair

Is the Dyson hair air wrap or hair dryer worth the hype? I’m searching for peoples experiences with the products. Do they age well? Any problems? Do you feel it is less damaging to your hair? 

thanks in advance!

Re: Dyson hair

I am not convinced that the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer is worth the hype @winelover123. If the blow dryer would have cut down on my dry time it would have been a good investment. My hair is naturally wavy so I just diffuse my hair. I did not use it for a long time then I tried it again with similar results. 
If you are flexible I would like to recommend a blow dryer which I use more regularly. It is Bio Ionic 10X Ultralight Speed Dryer . It is as light weight as the Dyson and I find it much easier to work with. 

Hey @winelover123

I had the Dyson blow dryer and I got it in 2016. I used it a few times a week. Most of the time if I am going to work I put the hair up, or if I am lazy which is a lot of the time, I don't bother blow-drying. So I would say not heavy use. Now the blow dryer was awesome. It was great for styling and it didn't burn my hair. It died a few weeks ago. Like, just went out and caput. I surmise it has a shelf life of 4 years, 3 years if you are a heavy user. I guess that is okay.

I bought the Dyson Air Wrap (hey perfect timing, right?) and the straightening and the dryer are A+ -- worth it. I have not yet used the curling attachments. I bought T3 Hot Rollers over a year ago never used them. I have a CHI straightener and was adverse. I have an Anastasia Curling Iron with that linen glove, it collects dust. I need easy. I need it to work. 

I have heard through the grapevine the Airwrap curlers don't keep the curl. Like, they are nice for 30 minutes one girl said, and then the curls go limp. I just can't take that kind of disappointment. (Really I know there are more important things in life and I am being dramatic.) Anyway, you bring up a good point that as a purchaser I'd really like to know what the heck I can do so when I do use the curling feature, that the curls stay and do not frizz.

If anyone has any advice on what product to use, and if it works, then I would say yes, the Airwrap is worth it.

But the jury is out. Let's hope someone helps me/us.

Thank you,

V21988

Hello!

thank you so much for your response. I was going to ask for the dyson for Christmas but was conflicted on if it was worth it and if lasted. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! 

maybe contact the company to see if there is a warranty/ way to send it in to be fixed? 

I hope you like the air wrap! I’m curious to see if anyone has any tips to see how to get the curls to stay. 

@winelover123Hey there!

I LOVE the Airwrap! I have decided to wait to try to curl my hair and went ahead and researched, and I think the answer to the curls working is the product I tagged. I have to wait for the product to get here because if I try it and I am disappointed, I want to avoid dark clouds.  Plus I KNOW I have fine hair and will have the same problem. Let me try this, it fits the bill, I think it will work, and then I will let you know.

It has not shipped yet though, but I promise @winelover123 I will let you know. But even so, the unit is pretty damn great for drying and straightening and also giving body and waves. I bought even attachment, there are two others besides.

Let me use this - a wax would be too messy. I am going to prime with Gisou. Then put plenty of this on. From what it says I am HOPING it fits the bill, as the bill for this unit was not short of hefty!

Pleasure responding to you!

Best wishes,

V21988

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing