Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Dull, dry, coarse and frizzy straight hair - Briogeo Rosarco saved my hair!

UPDATE 1/31/18

Hello Beauties!

I have some good news to report.  I have found some products that have dramatically helped my hair.  I purchased a trial size pack of the Briogeo Rosarco line (shampoo, conditioner and leave-in conditioner).  I only wash my hair twice a week (don't judge me please :)) and the use of these products has helped my hair feel less dry, it's natural shine has come back, my hair doesn't feel as coarse and the frizziness has also lessened.

To dry my hair, I wrap my hair in a microfiber towel which helps absorb a lot of the water (I use one leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then and use the 2nd and leave it on for another 10 minutes).  I spray the leave-in conditioner onto the palm of my hand and then spread it onto my hair in sections.  I start with the top of my head, then the mid section and I finish with the bottom half/ends.  I find that if I gently twist my hair into a low bun while it's damp and I let it dry in that manner, it helps to tone down the frizz considerably.  

In addition, I've discovered that cotton pillows are your hair's worst enemy if you suffer from dry/dull/frizzy hair.  Sometimes I use a satin hair cap at night and my hair is smooth and shiny in the morning.  You can also add a couple of drops of jojoba oil to the ends of your hairs when doing this at night and it does wonders for my hair.  

The trial size was enough for me to see that it actually worked.  It took a few washes to see significant changes.  I think that my hair problems were being caused by "silicones" in the shampoos/conditioners I was using.  Briogeo contains no silicones and it nourishes it with the argan, rosehip seed and coconut oils.  I've since then, purchased the full size bottles and I couldn't be happier.  My hair hasn't felt this way in years!!

If you suffer from a similar hair problem, I highly recommend using Briogeo Rosarco and trying out the trial kit.  Don't judge it immediately, but give it enough time for the silicones to wash out of your hair (some of them are very hard to get rid off and it may take time).  This of course would mean that you'd have to eliminate all hair products that contain silicones, otherwise I don't think it will be as effective.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ORIGINAL POST 10/28/17:

Hi Beauties!

For the past year, I've been struggling with my hair.  I have straight coarse dry hair that gets frizzy.  I don't use any heat tools on my hair and I let it air dry.  I use a sulfate free hydrating shampoo and conditioner.  And I use oils on my hair.  When my hair dries, it ends up frizzy and I would love for my hair to be silky smooth and without any frizz.

Has anyone suffered the same issues with their hair (that has similar type of hair as mine) and found anything that works?  Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

Re: Dry, coarse straight hair and frizzy - Need help!

So I have horrible frizziness, but I do have a wavy hair texture (color treated), so keep those differences in mind with my recommendations:  

1) A good hair oil (on the frizzy ends of your hair, once daily) -- I like Moroccanoil Oil Treatment

2) Shampoo and conditioner with smoothing or hydrating properties (wash once every two or three days only!)-- I like Purology Hydrate Shampoo and Conditioner

3) Hair mask (use weekly) -- I like Kristin Ess Reconstructive Hair mask, available at Target. Moroccanoil's is also good, but more expensive.

4) Shine Spray (use after styling hair, focusing on the ends) -- I get mine from my local salon, no recommendations for this one, sorry

5) Leave In Conditioner (use on towel dried hair, all over) -- I prefer spray ones, like the BRIOGEO Rosarco Milk Reparative spray

RE: Dry, coarse straight hair and frizzy - Need help!

I really love the Briogeo leave in conditioner! It definitely helps smooth my hair and helps with dry ends as well

If I didn’t use Alterna’s 10 in 1 CC leave-in Cream, my hair would be a frizzy, flat mess. I use it every day before blow-drying it straight and I always get comments about how silky and healthy my hair looks. It also helps that I use the Alterna Caviar shampoos and conditioners as well.

IGK Mistress hair balm is an amazing leave in conditioner that is still light weight and doesn't weigh your hair down. I love it because my hair feels super hydrated but not greasy. It's also great to put in dry hair too. Another tip is to squeeze the water out of your hair before you condition. Hair is like a sponge, and if you put conditioner on your hair while it's wet, it slides right off and doesn't penetrate to give you maximum hydration. I also love IGK's Hot Girls shampoo and conditioner. It's sulfate free too.

I second the Mistress. I also like Briogeo Leave in condi...

I second the Mistress. I also like Briogeo Leave in conditioner.

@b3autygrl You can also check for recs in the "Frizz Fighters" group 🙂  I've posted a lot there 

Nothing helped my hair like the Alterna hair care repair shampoo condition and CC leave in conditioner. Getting it trimmed every few months will help keep it fresh and silky too. I’ve also read that the pillow case you use effects your hair, switch to a silk pillow case and see if that makes a difference. Good luck!

You absolutely must try the Iles Formula Finishing Serum.  You will love it!  It works very well  for fighting frizz.  Here is a little bit about our Serum:

There’s no better way to protect all hair types from environmental assaults than with ILES FORMULA FINISHING SERUM. Hand-picked, custom-blended ingredients including vitamins, nut oils, silk, and ceramide, feed hair with nothing but goodness without ever weighing the hair down. This paraben-free formula is your hair’s best protector against heated tools, against UV rays, humidity, and free-radicals - strengthening hair + helping repair split ends + preventing colour fade. Lightly scented with white flowers.

PARABEN FREE- + COLOUR SAFE + HEAT PROTECTION + UV PROTECTION

DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Apply the Iles Formula Finishing Serum to mid lengths and ends of wet hair as blow drying. Once dried smear a small amount over the outer finished surface. The finishing serum can be used daily on dry hair, without ever weighing the hair down.

Frizzy curly hair customers that like to let their curly hair dry naturally - we advise to use more quantity of serum. Comb through for even distribution and allow your curl to dry naturally or with a diffuser. Do not disturb the hair until dry. The curl will dry with a beautiful form and will feel soft like silk and have much less frizz.

IFSH300-68_01_Haircare-serum-1000x1000.png

https://www.sephora.com/product/haute-performance-finishing-serum-P406288?skuId=1793850&icid2=produc...

It might be the air which we can't control and feels so f...

It might be the air which we can't control and feels so frustrating. i started using aveda shampoo and the balm type of thing and it's really helping after using tons of other products i feel this is the only thing helping.

Re: It might be the air which we can't control and feels so f...

Thanks @divviii!  I will try it out.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos3
  • IFSH300-68_01_Haircare-serum-1000x1000.png
testing