cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Dry and Damaged hair!!

Hi everyone!

im new here and trying to find a remedy for my hair. It’s so dry and damaged that it has split ends that are 4!!! When I brush it it sounds and feels like it’s ripping! It’s awful! 
I don’t know if I also need a new brush as well?? My hair is down past my butt, I haven’t cut it in over 5 yrs. 
please help

Nina

Re: Dry and Damaged hair!!

@Faithalways345 Do you use a conditioner? My favorites are the Kiehl's Since 1851 Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak 8.4 oz/ 250 mL and the Kérastase Genesis Anti Hair-Fall Fortifying Conditioner . I purchase the Genesis conditioner in the liter size from my salon.

Thank you I live Keihls products and will definitely try this. 

Highly recommend K18. It's pricey but it does wonders for repairing breaks/split ends. It does not make hair dry or brittle like other bond builders. Has done wonders for my waist length textured hair. May want to try the mini just to get a sense of how well it will work for you.  K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Mini Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Thank you Im going to try now

I've been using Gisou Honey Infused Hair Oil 3.4 oz/ 100 mL and it has brought my hair back from the DEAD. Along with regular hair masks. I use a couple drops immediately on damp hair, and then a couple more drops once my hair is dried. It helps when brushing my hair so it doesn't feel like it's ripping. 

It's a bit pricey, but I've tried so many hair oils, and this is the best one I've tried. 

I got the lemon dry bar brush and it’s literally the best brush EVER!!! 

Thank you so much for recommending it!! 
I’ll never use another brush again.

@Faithalways345 You definitley need to trim your hair.  On average you are suppose to get it trimmed 3-4 times a year.

A good brush that many of us like is Drybar Super Lemon Drop 

Ok awesome. I’ll get this brush. I need a new one like yesterday! I’m going to go get a trim also. I’m Rasta so I don’t cut my hair, but it’s to the point where I need to because it is not doing well at all as I stated before. I appreciate you giving me your feedback. 

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing