Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Dry Shampoo for dialysis patient with thick wavy/curly blond hair

My sister just started dialysis. She has a port in her chest so she can't get water on her chest and washing her hair will be more difficult. I'd like to find her a great dry shampoo. She has blond hair that is thick and wavy/curly (not kinky). She has an undercut but it can get unruly. And she's not headed out for haircuts anytime soon.

I know very little about dry shampoo but we need to avoid phthalates, which i know are mostly avoided now in cosmetics but sometimes still used.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Dry Shampoo for dialysis patient with thick wavy/curly blond hair

I know nothing about thick hair, or dialysis @sprocketta. But my 💗 goes out to you and your sis. Just sending you love.

@sprocketta @No matter how many I’ve tried, I always go back to bastiste. The traditional one is great for oil absorption and it comes in multiple colors so no gray/white cast left. Their waterless cleansing foam is great for refreshing unwashed hair ! 

@Kim888 Follow-up question. How many uses would you say you get out of a bottle of the dry shampoo? And the foam? I know literally nothing about this. I don't want to turn my sister into anything crazy pricey if she's using it a lot, not that what you recommended is. I saw a list the recommended the living proof and that was more. Thanks!

@sprocketta @For the dry shampoo, I would say I get like 15ish uses out of it. I only use it 1-2 times a week so for me it lasts a couple of months

( I don’t need to spray every day, once I spray my hair it’s generally good until I wash  - best to spray overnight and it has time to absorb oil) They also sell a jumbo version.

I haven’t used the foam often enough to make a good estimate on how many uses a bottle averages  

@Kim888 Thank you. This is so helpful.

Thanks @Kim888 This sounds great. Adding it to my Ulta cart.

I know nothing about shampoo's @sprocketta Well... I love the amika Perk Up Talc-Free Dry Shampoo 5.3 oz / 232 mL  but I wanted to offer an idea. My mom had pic lines in that couldn't get wet at one point and for showers we'd take a piece of a trash bag and tape it around the line, or use a couple layers of cling film tapped down.  Still a pain in the butt... but some days you just really want a shower. Anyhow... totally not what you asked for... but wanted to toss in my two cents.  Hope she's feeling better soon!

@missjeanie Thanks. That's helpful. I had heard about Yuni shower sheets through BIC and bought her some of those too. She's expecting sponge baths for a while.

@sprocketta I tried those a couple of times and they were nice for a freshen up!

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing