Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Dry Shampoo and Oily Hair

I would really appreciate if someone could advice me on a good dry shampoo for oily hair.  I try not to wash my hair every day and those off days, my hair is really greasy. Maybe I am not using dry shampoo correctly, but most seem to give out on me after an hour. 

Thank you!

I use Batiste Dry Shampoo. it's cheaper but works extreme...

I use Batiste Dry Shampoo. it's cheaper but works extremely well. I will also recommend this however. I recently switched to Using Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo/Conditioner. I can now go every other day without washing my hair!!! I've never had this before. Usually by day two my hair is so greasy. worth a try

Re: I use Batiste Dry Shampoo. it's cheaper but works extreme...

You are right about PHD Shampoo/Conditioner...it has helped me go every other day without washing. And I have tried a bunch of dry shampoos. but Batiste seems to be the one that has come through! I have tried Sake Bomb Shampoo but I seem to get greasy by day 2

Batiste is my go to. I hated dry shampoo until I tried it...

Batiste is my go to. I hated dry shampoo until I tried it. I recently tried Living Proofs and it's ok, but my preference is Batiste.

Re: Batiste is my go to. I hated dry shampoo until I tried it...

I am with you! I can't believe I overlooked Batiste just because of the price. It beats the high priced stuff!

RE: Dry Shampoo and Oily Hair

Pantene pro v dry shampoo is great and cheap. Just shake it, part your hair, spray on the roots and repeat until you've done all your roots. Let it dry a bit and work it in with your hands. Honestly I'm sure all the other brands people are recommending are amazing but dry shampoo goes super quick so if you can find a cheaper one that works for you I think it's well worth it to save the money. Pantene comes out clear and if you do get a cast it's super easy to work in on dark hair.

Re: RE: Dry Shampoo and Oily Hair

That's so true. Dry shampoo goes so fast. I have ordered travel sizes of these more expensive brands on Sephora and it seems like after a week I have already finished the bottle lol

Klorane and Dry Bar are all fantastic choices for dry shampoo. I have brunette hair that is long and oily. I swear by them! They are also great for a mid day blast of freshness. I recommend spraying throughout your hair and then flipping your upside down. Let it sit for about a minute and then work the formula in. You could use your clean hands but even better- invest in a boars hair brush. Your hair will look like you just washed and blow dried it.

ohhhh a boars hair brush is exactly what i need, good tip!

Re: Dry Shampoo and Oily Hair

Dry Bar detox dry shampoo has been my saving grace for my oily roots. it doesn't weigh my hair down or make it feel like i have product in it, unless i run my hands through my hair. i have dark brown hair and i have no problem with a white cast or shadow.

do you have to re-apply  mid day? Some days I notice I look great when I apply, but after the afternoon my hair feels so flat

The Moroccan Oil dry shampoo has been the best for me......

The Moroccan Oil dry shampoo has been the best for me... I was getting it at my salon before I found out Sephora had it. I got best results putting it in before I went to bed, then a bit more in the morning. I've used it multiple days in a row without it getting weird and gunky. Comes in a dark hair version too, which is nice.

I'm committed to Klorane Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk Natural Tint.  Everything else leaves a white residue in my hair unless I brush so much it goes back to being oily. Living Proof did nothing for me (it never shook out like it's supposed to) and the smell was off-putting to me. I went down to Sephora and tried some out and have been using Klorane ever since.

@ellie50 Was wondering if you had ever tried the bastiste dark tint dry shampoo - if you have i'd be interested in your thoughts comparing them! Basiste is my go to and it's only like $10 a bottle but I am always open to any dark tint dry shampoo that won't leave a white caste!

I haven't tried it; but I will - thanks for the recommendation!

Living proof perfect hair day is the best! It's literally the only one I've used that lasts all day even on my greasiest hair days. I wash my hair 1-2 times a week. I've noticed that the less I wash, the less oily I get between washes.

Props to you only washing 1-2 times a week...that's so impressive!

Just another vote for the B&B loose powder.  I'm getting ready to try the Verb loose powder, too.  I have the BlowPro loose, but I really dislike the applicator on that one.

My favorite aerosol is the LP PHD.  The E&J Nirvana DS is great too, but not quite HG.  I haven't fallen in love with the B&B aerosol, but I'm still in the learning curve phase on that one.  

Thank you everyone for the tips! This may seem silly, but what is the best way to use it? Just apply and brush through? I seem to have great volume at the roots once I apply, but after an hour I feel like its greasy again. Maybe I need to apply throughout the day? I appreciate your advice!

not a silly question at all! The best tip I received abou...

not a silly question at all! The best tip I received about dry shampoo was to apply it at night before bed and it works it's way in while I sleep. I also get great volume, too. If my hair needs it the next day, I'll spritz a little more on my roots and work it in with my fingers.

Re: not a silly question at all! The best tip I received abou...

This is such a great tip to spray overnight!!! Can't believe I never tried this before. It made such a big difference.
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
testing