cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever
|

Drugstore hair masks

Hello there,

I have some breakage on the front of my hair. While I have the CC Caviar cream it helps but my hair still looks frizzy even after blow drying. My mom suggested a hair mask. Does anyone recommend a hair mask? I have thin but lots of it blonde hair. I know Garnier and Dove came out with some. Which ones do you like?

Tags:

Re: Drugstore hair masks

I have fine processed blonde hair and had to it to my shoulders and what I have found much success in is the New Olaplex shampoo, Olaplex conditioner like you mentioned, DryBar Bay Breeze shots does wonders... I am not into hair mask I just leave Olaplex in may hair sometimes for 2 days, I was mainly able to grow my hair out nicely mainly because of Slip Slik pillowcases while cotton takes moisture out of hair that is critical.

You will read bad reviews simply because people do not know that they need to hand wash silk less than 15 min and lay flat to dry. Results fuller thicker, smoother hair and lashes, cured my chronic acne. It is also anti-aging. COVERS ALL BASES. Yes, a Mulberry silk pillowcase. Slip Silk Pillowcase - Standard/Queen Pink

Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mLDRYBAR - Bay Breeze Hydrating Shots

@HotYogaGirl. Thanks for all the recommendations. I’ve heard of olaplex before but I haven’t tried it. The DryBar shots sound like a cool product. I know pillowcases were important but didn’t know Sephora had a silk one available. 

Slip Silk Pillowcase - Standard/Queen Pink

Slip Silk Pillowcase - King Caramel

I've seen these cases in queen for 180 each

Hard to find you sometimes have to type Slip alone.

I used to spend 8K on acne facials a year

Curl your hair or blow it out it lasts longer.

If you are using hair masks and serum cotton it is highly absorbent and it is a fact that cotton strips even natural oils from hair and skin so you are not receiving the actual benefit of your purchases. Slip Mulberry Silk 6a 22mm the finest on the wicks away moisture and is heat regulating allowing skin, hair, even eyelashes fully absorb the true benefits and it anti-bacterial unlike cotton (over 90% of the USA's cotton is GMO.

Your pillowcase is the foundation of your skins benefits.

fullsizeoutput_4113.jpeg

While I know this is about hair masques, which can help to a point - something that has been helpful for me is figuring out what causes the breakage. In my case it was the mechanical stress I was putting on my hair from styling it with a cheap metal cylinder round brush and the blow dryer!

I am a blonde with wavy/curly hair, spent years coloring it various dark shades and now do bayalage from time to time. Olaplex step 3 has been absolutely miraculous in damage prevention at home in between appointments, and when my hair feels like it needs a little extra love and moisture I use straight coconut oil from the gigantic jar I buy it in at Costco. Slather it on from the lengths starting around the tops of my ears and all the way down to the ends, stick it under a shower cap on my head and leave it on at least a couple of hours (I like to do housework during the process, and on a weekend day when I don't have plans to go anywhere :P) then wash/condition my hair like I'd normally do.

@BeautyWonder I think an important thing with hair masks is to how long you leave them on for.  There are a lot out there that say you only have to leave on for 60-120 seconds, and I'm sure for some hair that is enough.  But if you are struggling finding one that works for you, I rec trying to leave the mask on for longer and see if you get better results 🙂

@greeneyedgirl107  Extra time for a mask is so important, good point 😊

I have bleached blonde hair that used to be severely damaged from all the dyeing but over the years I have used hair masks and different products to repair my hair, hope this helps 🙂

MAUI - Moisture Strength & Anti-Breakage + Agave Hair Mask - target.com $6.49

this mask is amazing and for the price you can't go wrong! it works with all hair types and focus's on deep conditioning as well as smoothing and healing damaged hair. its extremely moisturizing. I used it at LEAST once a week and it really helped my hair.

NOT YOUR MOTHER'S NATURALS - Royal Honey & Kalahari Desert Melon Repair + Protect Leave-In Conditioner - walmart.com $6.97

although this isn't a mask, it's a leave in conditioner, with the same benefits and you can use it every time you wash your hair if you want to. it repairs damaged hair while reconstructing follicles and smooths and conditions. not to mention it smells really good. I use it in rotation with some of my other hair holy grails. 

@annasarahkaplan. Thank you for those recommendations. I’m always hesitant for store mask since I don’t know if all those chemicals are necessary, but I’m glad you got good results. I have also been enjoying the L’Oreal hair masks in the gold tub for fine, damaged hair. 

I discovered a great one this summer: AMIKA - Soulfood Nourishing Mask. Saved my dry, frazzled hair. Bonus, it comes in a mini size, so you can try it before you invest in the big size.This product made my hair soft like kitten fur. I use it 2-3 times per week and love it.

@christyrc mini size products are awesome. I’ll have to check it out. 

@BeautyWonder I like hair mask from Biolage, Fekkai, Alterna, Oribe, Macadamia  Hair Care, and Pureology.  They have masks for specific things like color treated, frizz control, or moisture control.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos1
  • fullsizeoutput_4113.jpeg
testing