Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Best Hair Ever

Does OLAPLEX work?

I have damaged hair and I need a good shampoo and conditioner. I have heard about Olaplex and how it eliminates damaged frizz for strong, healthy and shiny hair but I would like to know if it's worth it and if it works. Does anyone know if Olaplex works? Thanks. 

Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL Olaplex No. 5 Bond Maintenance™ Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL

Re: Does OLAPLEX work?

I agree. I have been using olaplex for 3 years now and it has changed my dried bleached hair to normal soft hair that is actually growing and not breaking as much. When my hairdresser introduced it to me i was hesitant to try it because I've seen salons that charge so much to have my hair dyed with it and when my hairdresser told me the bill it wasn't much more but totally worth it.

Thank you!

YAAAAAS! I recommend using No.1 and No.2 when going to a salon (its only professional use) and of course buy the No. 3 at Sephora and keep doing the treatment at home. 

Thank you!

Yes, yes, and yes!!! Olaplex is the only product out there that works internally to repair and strengthen your hair, which in turn will improve the overall health and look! It's absolutely worth it! 
Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance™ Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL Olaplex No. 5 Bond Maintenance™ Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL

Thank you so much!

I started with olaplex 3, I put it mid hair to ends and let it sit until next day (hair on a bun). Used it twice a week for the first 2 weeks and saw a dramatic change (now I use it twice a month). Due to the great results, I got the shampoo and conditioner. At first, I wasn’t really a fan (my hair was not as silky as I like) but stuck to it, very glad I did. It feels strong, not frizzy, full of volume. The best part is that I don’t get as flaky, or get as many rashes (from my seborreic dermatitis). My hair is color treated (Blonde with highlights) down almost to my waist. A little bit of the product goes a long way too, which is a bit of a challenge for me   cause I have a heavy hand lol. 

Thank you!

@tzmichelle I've got black east asian hair that is balayaged within an inch of its life to an ashy brown/blonde depending on the season. The pro suite of Olaplex products that my colorist uses in salon absolutely works and keeps my hair from breaking and frizzing during the color process. At home, Olaplex 3 has been amazing at keeping my hair healthy, soft, and shiny. I use it after washing and towel drying my hair, making sure to really saturate the ends and then wrap it up in a shower cap for at least 2 hours to work its magic. After, back in the shower for shampoo and conditioner and my hair comes out transformed, super soft and smooth. I'll use the 3 treatment once every 4-6 weeks, I'm not sure how much it would help your hair if it isn't color-treated/damaged but it's absolutely worth a try if it is. Use more than you think you need (I think they recommend a quarter sized amount, which...no. You'll need way more if you've got long hair)

I personally haven't tried out the shampoo or conditioner, my current set up works just fine so I'll probably hold off on those for a while, considering the price. 

Thank you so much!

RE: Does OLAPLEX work?

Hi, I started to use Olaplex Mask 2 months ago and shampoo and conditioner one month ago, I have damaged bleached hair and Olaplex really really helped me, now my hair is healthy and shiny!

Re: RE: Does OLAPLEX work?

Thank you!

I think Olaplex 3 works well and is worth checking out. It makes my hair nice and soft and sleek, kinda pricey but yea I do think its a decent product that lives up to its claims.

Be very wary of the shampoo and conditioner reviews!! There are way too many glowing write-ups from 'newbies' who have reviewed nothing at all except Olaplex!!  Personally I found the shampoo and conditioner to be not worth the money and not any better than a $2.99 bottle of basic stuff you'd find in a supermarket. The conditioner isnt very rich or nourishing and was a huge let down.

Thank you! 

RE: Does OLAPLEX work?

I have bleach blonde hair and my hair dresser started using it 3 years ago and it’s changed my life. I also use the conditioner no 3 once a week.

Re: RE: Does OLAPLEX work?

Thank you!

Hi tzmichelle,

I had really damaged bleached hair and Olaplex really helped strengthen my hair and leave it really shiny. I felt like it also helped brighten the blonde as well.

❤️ Melissa

Thank you!

Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing